6 day Gag - Night Wolf

Started by Peace Alliance, December 07, 2009, 08:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

So here's the thing. I got this Probation thing going because i wanted to give people a push in the right direction in terms of behaviour. But I think what we've discouvered is that when you push Night Wolf, he pushes back.

Unfortunately, Night Wolf is on our forums. He doesn't own this web space, and we have the power and the will to ban people who are causing disturbances. This means he has no clout, and without he really shouldn't be pushing back.

We will ban, and ban and ban... Because we can.

Firetooth

I will spam and spam and spam...because I can :-*
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Mr.Grimm

And this is a good reason why I should not comeback. It's so sad to see a fellow spammer fall so far. At least we used to have funny topics in spa and we didn't need to have warnings about keeping it pg-13. Spa used to be so much better then it is now. :'(

The Obliterator

It has always been P-13 and belive it or not there are some people who enjoy this fact.
Myself included.
I join this forum when i was 14.
If i had seen a ton of swearing i would have just left and not come back.
So im glad that the Moderators are here making it safe for those people.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on December 09, 2009, 03:22:57 PM
And this is a good reason why I should not comeback. It's so sad to see a fellow spammer fall so far. At least we used to have funny topics in spa and we didn't need to have warnings about keeping it pg-13. Spa used to be so much better then it is now. :'(

I am 18 years old and I think its a good idea that the forums are pg-13 because this game is based off of a childrens book. There is no need for swearing here, even though I myself in my rants resort to it occasionally. Still doesn't make it right though.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteSpa used to be so much better then it is now.

Nostalgia just isn't what it used to be...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on December 09, 2009, 10:50:24 PM
Quote from: Mr.Grimm on December 09, 2009, 03:22:57 PM

I am 18 years old and I think its a good idea that the forums are pg-13 because this game is based off of a childrens book. There is no need for swearing here, even though I myself in my rants resort to it occasionally. Still doesn't make it right though.
The point is, this forum is no way pg-13. That rating is misleading. Pg-13 content isn't allowed here.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

Quote from: windhound on December 07, 2009, 10:22:34 AM
QuoteA PG-rated motion picture should be investigated by parents before they let their younger children attend. The PG rating indicates, in the view of the Rating Board, that parents may consider some material unsuitable for their children, and parents should make that decision.

The more mature themes in some PG-rated motion pictures may call for parental guidance. There may be some profanity and some depictions of violence or brief nudity. But these elements are not deemed so intense as to require that parents be strongly cautioned beyond the suggestion of parental guidance. There is no drug use content in a PG-rated motion picture.
- http://www.mpaa.org/flmrat_ratings.asp

QuoteA PG-13 rating is a sterner warning by the Rating Board to parents to determine whether their children under age 13 should view the motion picture, as some material might not be suited for them. A PG-13 motion picture may go beyond the PG rating in theme, violence, nudity, sensuality, language, adult activities or other elements, but does not reach the restricted R category. The theme of the motion picture by itself will not result in a rating greater than PG-13, although depictions of activities related to a mature theme may result in a restricted rating for the motion picture. Any drug use will initially require at least a PG-13 rating. More than brief nudity will require at least a PG-13 rating, but such nudity in a PG-13 rated motion picture generally will not be sexually oriented. There may be depictions of violence in a PG-13 movie, but generally not both realistic and extreme or persistent violence. A motion picture's single use of one of the harsher sexually-derived words, though only as an expletive, initially requires at least a PG-13 rating. More than one such expletive requires an R rating, as must even one of those words used in a sexual context. The Rating Board nevertheless may rate such a motion picture PG-13 if, based on a special vote by a two-thirds majority, the Raters feel that most American parents would believe that a PG-13 rating is appropriate because of the context or manner in which the words are used or because the use of those words in the motion picture is inconspicuous.
- http://www.mpaa.org/flmrat_ratings.asp

We've got an active topic discussing weed.  We are not a PG board.
I've seen movies rated R just for the language, foul language is not allowed here.  The wordfilter manages most of this though.
Most people overestimate the content that can be shown in a PG-13 film, quite a few films aimed at young adults have to go through revision to avoid the R branding.
There have been occasional slips where things get axe'd that really shouldnt have, but overall I think the staff here at RWL have been more than nice about the content that can be posted.

Serio, most of yall waay overestimate PG-13 content.
Think about it this way:  There's a 12 year old who really loves the Redwall books.  They find our site, then the forum.  With their parent looking over their shoulder, would the content you type be appropriate?  Or would the parent immediately close the browser window and say "No." 
There are consequences that come with basing a site around a children's novel.  Keeping the content acceptable, even and especially for the younger players, is important to the continuing longevity of Redwall: Warlords.
We dont do it to be asses. 
Some of the other promi sites, and many many other forums, cater to an older crowd.  If you feel the need to be crude, swear like a sailor, make personal attacks, and discuss R-rated or X-rated topics please go there. 
Civil discussion of select non-PG13 topics may be discussed civilly here in the UMD.

But yeah, we -did- have higher quality spam in the past.  Today's spammers are kinda...  dull.  Mostly repeating ancient memes and resurrecting long dead topics.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ungatt Trunn II

QuoteBut yeah, we -did- have higher quality spam in the past.  Today's spammers are kinda...  dull.  Mostly repeating ancient memes and resurrecting long dead topics.

Why are the spammers dull? It's because we are in another dead period. I've seen it happen and by reading the dates of posts in the before-time, it's happened before. When I first came, you could make a topic and never get a single reply. But now people happily post in every topic and warp the discussion into something they find interesting. Perhaps we need to ignore the more unworthy topics like we used to?

I went off topic, but oh well.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on December 10, 2009, 04:00:59 PM
QuoteBut yeah, we -did- have higher quality spam in the past.  Today's spammers are kinda...  dull.  Mostly repeating ancient memes and resurrecting long dead topics.

Why are the spammers dull? It's because we are in another dead period. I've seen it happen and by reading the dates of posts in the before-time, it's happened before. When I first came, you could make a topic and never get a single reply. But now people happily post in every topic and warp the discussion into something they find interesting. Perhaps we need to ignore the more unworthy topics like we used to?

I went off topic, but oh well.
All you and AoU (mainly Aou) do is post vulgar content and have conversations with yourself.

Death

Quote from: The Obliterator on December 09, 2009, 03:32:19 PM
It has always been P-13 and belive it or not there are some people who enjoy this fact.
Myself included.
Because reading someone swear is dangerous.

Peace Alliance

It sort of is, the word itself may not be, but as windy described, it does limit our approachability. I strive to make this play about as supervised as a canadian school yard.

The Obliterator

Quote from: Death on December 10, 2009, 04:42:00 PM
Quote from: The Obliterator on December 09, 2009, 03:32:19 PM
Myself included.
Because reading someone swear is dangerous.
Look you may not have a prolem with it but i do.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Death

prodiGee

I don't think I've said one inappropriate thing in weeks... I was wondering if I could like... not be on probation... even though I don't think it's working right anymore anyway.
It was a doorway trying to seal itself shut.. But I climbed through.