AOL/Netscape mail errors

Started by Retto, October 16, 2003, 04:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

Someone sent AOL a number of complaints about e-mail from this server, and they tagged us as a spammer. As a result, none of the mail directed to AOL/Netscape accounts has been reaching you. If you had something important you needed (there are several Signup E-mails), write me.

The result: It doesn't look like there's much I can do about it. AOL users can try sending them messages, and I'll keep looking into it, but all the sites I find with people who have gotten these errors aren't hopeful.

QUOTE (The Error Message)
   SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:
   host mailin-04.mx.aol.com [152.163.224.122]: 554-(RLY:B1)  The information presently available to AOL indicates this
   554-server is generating high volumes of member complaints from AOL's
   554-member base.  Based on AOL's Unsolicited Bulk E-mail policy at
   554-http://www.aol.com/info/bulkemail.html AOL may not accept further
   554-e-mail transactions from this server or domain.  For more information,
   554 please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com.
[/quote]
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Peace Alliance

OUCH, that totally sucks retto...

I think i'm to blame, the government has a lot of influence on AOL and Netscape, and the government is doing its best to try amd make my life boring and dry... Good thing they couldn't get to hotmail!! MOA HA HA!!

Dixie Ros?

user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

windhound

poo.  
I forget, would that mean that AOL/Netscape users wont get a validation code when they create a new RWL account?  or is that sent from another address?..  geuss I'll have to sign up for a Yahoo account or somthin if it is...  

methinks I know what happend though, for thoes of you who dont use AOL, there are tabs on the bottom of the mail box where there is "read" and "keep as new" and such, there is also a "report spam"  button, and methinks some careless person(s) pressed it..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't