You go away for 6 months...

Started by TheSpaceman, June 15, 2009, 04:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSpaceman

You go away for 6 months and the game is turned on its head.  Killing holders in an emp round, now i know that i never did an emp round, but that doesn't really fit the RWL vibe I got to know.  Maby shoulda been here to see the changes happen slowly, maby then i'd get it, I spose, but it don't seem that everyone likes it if im readin the forums right.  Oblit kept me aprised of whats goin down most of the time, turbo seemling has become very bloodthirsty recently hasn't it.  what happened?

Last time I checked killing was a last resort, and why do it anyway, its the easy way out.  Sure it takes effort but not as much as leading without kills.
To do that takes real skill and friends who will help you out.  So you can't get into the top 10, get someone to teach you how its done, I dare say most of the vets would gladly help, I mean theres an entire section on the forums dedicated to it isn't there.  It's the way to go, beleive me, I did it.  I can go top 10 within a few days of joining usually, and i float around the teens, specifics depend on the round, but you get the point, it can be done.  Im not sayin this to blow my own trumpet, but to show what can be done.

And besides all of that what is the point of having the emp if nobody wants to work together to take him down.  Dont take me the wrong way, im sure people want to kill him, and there are even some clans working to that end.  But when it becomes "we have to kill him first so well kill the other clans"
or even "...so well wipe out their net" then whats the point? You kill their net, they kill yours and no one wins.  The target is big enough that when he goes down the game will go crazy, there will be that much land floating around.  Everyone will get a shot at the pickings and then we can have fun taking each other down, but if we do that now no one wins.

Also, why is the emp in protection?  I think we need a bit of a repair to that, forgive me if its already been brought up, but I just got back from my uni work (college for all you non australians out there, man its fun when we get guests here but thats beside the point).
Look up!

Marell

Yeah you're right, turbo has become very bloodthirsty of late, but I think its settling down.

The two previous rounds to this were the worst, with two clans (with pretty much the same members each time) fighting it out all round. One round was the clans Question vs Answer, the next, Guy vs Watchtower. In the latter, a supposedly new player arose, calling himself Zepplin on the forums (many believe Zepplin is Bob, though it is yet to be proven).

And I would argue that he is the cause of all the problems with this current round you are referring to. He has openly stated that he is killer for hire, and has already made 2 kills this round....each kill causes commotion on the forums, which is what he likes. But he hasn't been able to kill in a while now...in fact he's been killed 3 times himself.

I'd say things have settled out a bit, and we should be able to net peacefully until someone breaks the emp. I hope so anyway...

TheSpaceman

Look up!

Briar

Marell is right.  The only person killing is Zep and everyone else is ignoring him.  The rest of us are sick of the blood.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Matthew Bellamy

I was killing zep everyday but I got bored of it, still it was funny :D
Shadow      12:32:45 PM     Nothing, or nothing you can see...

Quote from: Night Wolf on June 16, 2009, 06:02:34 PM
Angry Playboy Bunny Night Wolf!!!!! :D
Quote from: Mr.Grimm on June 17, 2009, 11:44:27 AM
Firetooth is cooler.
I know. I try my hardest, but I can't keep up

Mr.Grimm

F.O.E. just wants a peacful round this time.

Daryn

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on June 15, 2009, 01:21:43 PM
F.O.E. just wants a peacful round this time.

why dont we just work together and kill the emperor....its kind of gay tha tzep is killing evryone...
the commotion of all of this is him, and he's the problem so why dont we ban him for this round?
Pies.

Mr.Grimm

Well we can't ban Zep because he didn't do anything. I like the idea of working together this one time just to show that there isn't any hard feelings.

Gen. Volkov

Oddly enough, I just messaged the leader of "TheElite" asking if he wanted to combine forces.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Daryn

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on June 15, 2009, 07:33:24 PM
Well we can't ban Zep because he didn't do anything. I like the idea of working together this one time just to show that there isn't any hard feelings.

yeah like get a chatroom thingy and talk the whole thing out...
Pies.

Mr.Grimm

The leaders of all the turbo clans go talk together and work out their problems. Sounds like the UN to me.

Daryn

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on June 15, 2009, 07:53:22 PM
The leaders of all the turbo clans go talk together and work out their problems. Sounds like the UN to me.

lol
Pies.

Peace Alliance

You ought to work together... This Emperor is built

[edit] realized i made no sense there...

TheSpaceman

Quote from: Peace Alliance on June 15, 2009, 08:56:56 PM
You ought to work together... This Emperor is build

BUILD?
Building what, a giant death ray?
Either way I am in support of all the clan leaders getting together.

Edited for grammer
Look up!

Mr.Grimm

All in favor of the clan leaders getting together say yes. All who don't want it, say no.