Woof...VICTORIOUS

Started by Death Eater, March 15, 2004, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

I believe Juska is Perseus on QMT. And spreading out your forces is actually less protection against massers, cause it means that you have less of each kind.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death Eater

LOL, hey Perseus, whats going on? So your comingb ack to RWL (FYI, Perseus is the co-leader with me for the #1 clan as of now in QMT). Lol, what kinda name is Juska?!

Volkov, massing all troops gives you overall protection from a lot of players. For instance, you mass stoats for some reason. Your army may look like this (example):

Rats: 0
Weasels: 0
Stoats: 3,000,000
Skiffs: 0

Ok, so you can break almost anyone with stoats, unless they stack as crazy as you did with the same unit.

HOWEVER, you may be ranked 5th. Your net may be 60 million with 30,000 land. In this situation, someone who just broke protection can easily steal your land, and it may not be worth attacking him back for it (clan war, too low, etc.). You can break almost everyone, but who cares if you can be broken by ANYONE.

Now look at a common strat used by the better QMT players:

Rats: 1,250,000
Weasels: 800,000
Stoats: 600,000
Skiffs: 450,000

Okay, so as you see here, the first empire can break this one with stoats. BUT, no empires from, just say, under 20million networth of military can break you with any unit. PLUS, even if you mass, what would you rather do if your going for a a land grab: try to break an empire with your 3 million stoats over his million, with plenty of possible loss of upkeep and troops, or attack someone with no rats by selling down your army and buy 1000 rats and take the land? Personally, I'd choose the latter over the former any day.

(*note* this is for a land grab situation. War is completely different, and in war, I usually stack myself for different reasons)
user posted image

Gen. Volkov

Oh I'm not saying mass ONLY one unit.. All I meant was that you have a main attacking force, and small numbers in the other ones. It really helps to bring costs down. I understand the benefits of have all the troop types.. but choosing one and using it as an your main attack force allows you to overpower others easily, and also mean you can break more people.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Juska

If you've ever read a redwall book then you might find out third. Why can't I say "behind" were not pre-schoolers let us talk. In past I go over 50% zepps present(when I'm ever there) I go over 50% footmen and future I go over 50% juggs. I try not to spread out because you know someone will break you unless your a really good indy, I don't worry about the lower players atm I have 19,000 cats anyone could break me,but they don't. The fear of retaliation protects higher players from the noobs. I have no cats because coramoor masses juggs so cats are usless unless I go present, but I'm a mage.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Ashyra Nightwing

Riiiiight. That was confusing, Juska..

*only understands RWL terms*

windhound

Quote from: Death Eater...
Volkov, massing all troops gives you overall protection from a lot of players. For instance, you mass stoats for some reason. Your army may look like this (example):

Rats: 0
Weasels: 0
Stoats: 3,000,000
Skiffs: 0

Ok, so you can break almost anyone with stoats, unless they stack as crazy as you did with the same unit.

HOWEVER, you may be ranked 5th. Your net may be 60 million with 30,000 land. In this situation, someone who just broke protection can easily steal your land, and it may not be worth attacking him back for it (clan war, too low, etc.). You can break almost everyone, but who cares if you can be broken by ANYONE.

Now look at a common strat used by the better QMT players:

Rats: 1,250,000
Weasels: 800,000
Stoats: 600,000
Skiffs: 450,000

Okay, so as you see here, the first empire can break this one with stoats. BUT, no empires from, just say, under 20million networth of military can break you with any unit. PLUS, even if you mass, what would you rather do if your going for a a land grab: try to break an empire with your 3 million stoats over his million, with plenty of possible loss of upkeep and troops, or attack someone with no rats by selling down your army and buy 1000 rats and take the land? Personally, I'd choose the latter over the former any day.

(*note* this is for a land grab situation. War is completely different, and in war, I usually stack myself for different reasons)
if you keep that troop arangement you can, in theory, be protected from most attacks, but, you cant attack as well, thus land is harder to gain.  If you use a mostly leader strat like me, losing land doesnt hurt much up to a certain point, 'cept in gaining loyalty...

this also depends on gaurds..  I'm fairly sure Nero had the weakest army in the top 20 (for the whole game) but he hung about in the top ten with a 100% defence for a few days, never below a 50% defence for the whole game..  the troops he did have were evenly spread and about half of the land was in gaurds the whole time..  the only problem with this is I had to be careful of who I attacked, as I had little army to use for it..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Juska

If leaders didn't pack suck a punch rats/some stoats/gts would rule the game, it very fun to watch people fail to break and yoru feeling real good and then some mage hits you up.

In my other post zepps are the stoat in rwl, but have 7atk and 5def infantry(present footmen) are exactly like rats juggs are like weasels, though have 5atk and 2def(i think) cattapults are like weaels also, but are the past ones with 3atk and 2def. present tanks are like rwl weasels.
Current Empires:

Death Eater

Quote from: windhoundif you keep that troop arangement you can, in theory, be protected from most attacks, but, you cant attack as well, thus land is harder to gain
Thats the thing, you spread out the army for defense, and then you hit the stackers for land!
user posted image

Juska

one thing i lke to do his hit a stacker then buy up that troop and outstack him so he can't take retals(doesn't happen very much though).
Current Empires:

Sebulba

depends..  if you evenly distribute you have to find a masser..  that probably the reason Ashra gets hit so much..  she only masses skiffs and is known for it, thus a target..  if everyone around you evenly distributes then there is a slight issue, and some will turn to massing again..  *shrugs*  diffent strats, all work in their own ways..

and I've never had anyone break my skiffs while I was massing them..  though, somone broke my stoats once when I was experimenting with them on turbo..  quite sad to lose 5 mil stoaters defending yourself, esp. when I had 11 mil to start with..  bleah..  esp. when I only had somthin like 3 rats..
windhound, warlord of Sebulba
user posted image
user posted image

Darth Tyrannus

*Laughs* How sad, one should always spy first, otherwise its just a waste of good troops that can be used to some other purpose.
user posted image
user posted image

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: JuskaQmt is pretty well spread on troops as de stated though future mass juggs which destroy any empire though you literally have no def no one masses footmen because they suck, zepps and juggs are the only real stackable troops, I'm back again hopefully for a while, though the code kinda sucks and qmt kicks it's behind.
I love the Zepplins :D .  Though it /has/ been awhile since I've played QMT...

Oh, and Death Eater, you know me from Rerisen.. :P  

Juska

Did you have a forum name? Did someone edit my posts? I could have swore that the last paragraph about troop type was with my post about stackers.
Current Empires:

Gen. Volkov

LOL that's hilarious windy. Crazy peoples attackingk with stoaties... course I would have done the same.. but only cause my leader ratio SUCKS. Stupid leader attackers... murdered and attacked me into oblivion they did. Well mebbe not oblivion.. only 2nd place in turbo... still... *Shakes fist* Course then I dropped NW and stuffies.. but then I realized what a mistake THAT was. No way to get land, cause all Mossflower peoples in the top ten. *Grumbles about ladders*

QMT peoples> Magers and STD attacks do a number on all around defenses... whereas massing means you can rebuild quickly after getting knocked down. And all around defenders can always be broken by massers. It's impossible to get the kind of troop numbers they can get in one in all of your types. Besides, GT's are better defenders anyways, despite your name for people whose use them, they are succesfull.

Death Eater

Quote from: Badrang the TyrantI love the Zepplins :D .  Though it /has/ been awhile since I've played QMT...

Oh, and Death Eater, you know me from Rerisen.. :P
Ah, so it is you who is trying to de-throne the king of Rerisen...well then, good luck, your gonna need it. Too bad Re-risen is down right now, do you know when it will be up again?
user posted image