The Official RWL Photo Album

Started by The Lady Shael, July 18, 2003, 07:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

Quote from: The Dark Servant on May 28, 2008, 12:20:10 AM
Not gonna lie, Shael is pretty awesome to date.

Im officially jealous :P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Careful, Alazar will send you online bombs! :o
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

Well people used to be OK dating long distance, even 200 years ago when snail mail would have taken months. So the fact that you can literally talk to somebody with real-time video and audio probably makes it even easier. And you could argue that you would never truly know them, but how is that true? I know that some people on the internet know me better then my real life friends.

The internet is a (relatively) /new/ medium for social interaction. You can even tell here on the forums what people are like. Heck, i think the RWL forums could be used as a detailed chronicle of my growth over the last 5 years. The amount in which i've changed is almost startling when you read some of my old posts. Part of that is because i've come to develope my own identity for this medium, kind of like how somebody developes a "pen voice" from writing a lot.

And then consider facebook, and the fact that there are sociologists studying the website because of the interesting new social interactions. You can literally have a first hand view at what it's like to watch people adapt to a completely new social envoronment.

And so that this wasn't a big spamble (spamful ramble) here is a recent pic of me (no need to add it to the album) with my long hair:

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/temp/glance.html

The Lady Shael

Quote from: The Dark Servant on May 28, 2008, 12:20:10 AM
Not gonna lie, Shael is pretty awesome to date.

Aww, you're awesome too babe. <3 =)

But true, Peace, I agree. I was 13 when I found RWL, and I'm 19 now. I was just a kid then, and I'm practically a woman now. RWL definitely had a big hand in my developing into an adult, whether that's a good or bad thing.

A lot of people (including me) just find it easier to talk online, through IM or forums, and I guess that's why your social interactions online end up deeper than in real life. When some people talk face-to-face, they're less likely to open up because they feel like they're going to be judged, but online, you don't really care.

Personally, I have a quiet voice in real life, so no one hears anything I say in real life conversations. XD Typing and posting online, I'm guaranteed to be heard. =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Dark Servant

Quote from: Peace Alliance on May 28, 2008, 04:08:40 PM
The internet is a (relatively) /new/ medium for social interaction. You can even tell here on the forums what people are like. Heck, i think the RWL forums could be used as a detailed chronicle of my growth over the last 5 years. The amount in which i've changed is almost startling when you read some of my old posts. Part of that is because i've come to develope my own identity for this medium, kind of like how somebody developes a "pen voice" from writing a lot.

Reading that made me go through a bundle of the old forum posts archived from the game i played for like 6-7 years as i was growing up. Sad to say it doesn't look like I've grown up much. haha
- A game i'm currently working on.

taekwondokid42

Being a younger member of the forum, I wonder what it'll be like to look back at my posts when I'm 19.  :(

Alazar is Back

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on May 28, 2008, 09:02:10 PM
Being a younger member of the forum, I wonder what it'll be like to look back at my posts when I'm 19.  :(

How old are you, if you dont mind me asking?

Quote from: Peace Alliance on May 28, 2008, 04:08:40 PM
Well people used to be OK dating long distance, even 200 years ago when snail mail would have taken months. So the fact that you can literally talk to somebody with real-time video and audio probably makes it even easier. And you could argue that you would never truly know them, but how is that true? I know that some people on the internet know me better then my real life friends.

And then consider facebook, and the fact that there are sociologists studying the website because of the interesting new social interactions. You can literally have a first hand view at what it's like to watch people adapt to a completely new social envoronment.

And so that this wasn't a big spamble (spamful ramble) here is a recent pic of me (no need to add it to the album) with my long hair:

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/temp/glance.html

Is there a way to kiss or hold hands while online? Idts.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Sharptooh

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on May 28, 2008, 09:02:10 PM
Same here... well I'm closing in on 19

Firetooth

Sorry peace, but dating someone over the internet is sad. It shows (Imo) that you're too nervous, shy, scared, embarressed etc. to try to get a real girlfriend, also, I agree with alazar, how can you kiss, hold hands etc. online? :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

The biggest thing about dating online is pedophiles. Although they are extremely rare, a good pedophile is impossible to tell apart from a good online friend.

Peace Alliance

heh, i think we're talking on different levels here.

The Dark Servant

When i was in middle school, I dated a "girl" i met in an online game. I hacked into "her" email account and found out that it was some dude who lived in Australia. That was the end of online dating for me.

Probably shouldn't have admitted to that.. /shrugs

Gorak

well, you liked him enough to try stalking
mabey you two really had something
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Saladin

Quote from: Gorak on May 31, 2008, 06:13:32 PM
well, you liked him enough to try stalking
mabey you two really had something

*laughs hysterically*
Starfish love you

The Dark Servant

Nah, it wasn't like that. He dared me to do it because he thought i was all talk. I thought the whole online dating thing was weird from the start so i wasn't too into it.