Master Topic

Started by Rakefur, October 01, 2011, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakefur

Maybe we could have a stickied topic with links to all the strats. All the topics for each race would be in one place. So:

Rat
[link]
[link]

lizard
[link]
etc.......
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Shadow

Ideally this would be the game guide ^_^ Trouble is, the guides you are talking about don't exist yet.

But if you want to write strategy guides for each race I would be happy to add to and edit them, and we can collect them here.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Uiblis

Sounds fun.
I could also write some of the pages that haven't been created yet. Like construct and general's hut and everything else. I have that much spare time.  :)

EDIT: I seem to recall there was a topic about this for posting additions to the game guide. Was there?

I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

Uiblis

Here's the construct page for game guide. Scouting, foraging, looting,  race guides, etc to come.
It's kind of quickly written, so you can edit, add to, and rephrase parts of it. Just basic info; doesn't really show how to play. some of it might be inaccurate, correct it if it is.

Construct:
On this page, you use turns to create structures on your newly acquired land. These structures include markets, tents, barracks, camps, huts, foragers, and towers. It costs a certain amount of money to build a structure, and you can only build a certain number of structures per turn (both numbers listed at top of page).

Markets: Are used to create cash. The more markets you have, the more cash you will create per turn[insert math]

Tents: Are used to house workers. The more tents you have, the greater the number of workers that can live on your land. Mainly useful for races like magpie, wildcat, stoat, etc. [insert math]

Barracks: Are used to create troops. The more barracks you have, the more troops you can train and generate per turn. See manage army for details on troop production and allocation. [insert math]

Camps:  Are used for manipulating costs on the mercenary page. The more camps you have, the cheaper it is to buy troops, and the better price you get for selling troops as well. [insert math]

Foragers: Are used to create foragers. The more foragers you have, the more food you will create per turn. [insert math]

Towers: Are used only for defensive purposes. Each tower gives you 500 DP, which can help you defend your land. See Attacking Guide for details.

Free land: Is land you have not built on. It is basically useless if you just let it sit there, so build structures on it to make it useful.

Build City: Cities are special structures that take up 1000 acres of land each. However, the advantage t o building them is that they count as 1000 tents and 500 camps, which is more efficient than building tents and camps alone. Mainly used by magpies and sometimes to make it hard for other people to kill you. Unlike other structures, cities require troops, food, workers and cash to build. Costs are listed near the bottom of the page.

Demolish:

At the bottom of the page is the demolish button. Clicking it will bring you to the demolish page. Here, you can tear down structures you do not want. You also receive a bit of cash back after demolishing for each structure. You can demolish cities and drop land here as well.
Demolishing structures takes turns, but dropping land does not. Dropped land is caught by Land Farm, a robot account.

Uiblis

Scout:

Scouting uses turns to gain land. At the top of the page, there is a rough estimate for how many acres of land you will get per turn.

Scouting is generally done only in the beginning of the game while you are in protection. This is because the land gained from scouting decreases as your networth increases, and you can gain far more land attacking others after you get out of protection.  [insert math]

Loot:

Looting uses turns to produce cash. It adds a multiplier to the amount of cash you produce, so it is best to use loot when you have built markets. [insert math]

Forage:

Foraging uses turns to produce cash. It adds a multiplier to the amount of food you produce, so it is best to use forage when you have built foragers. [insert math]

Uiblis

General's Hut:

On this page, you use loyalty and leaders to perform various missions, which include Raise Defenses, Feast, Loot, Move North, Move South, Prepare Raiders, Recall Raiders, Special Race Ability (link this to races guide), and Heal.
Each mission costs a different amount of loyalty. The more huts and land you have, the more the mission will cost. You cannot do leader missions if your health is over 20%.

At the bottom right hand corner of this page, you should see your leader/hut ratio.
In order to successfully complete some missions, your leader/hut ratio must be over a certain number depending on your race [insert math].

If you don't have a high enough ratio, the mission will fail and some leaders will be lost.  Gain some leaders or demolish some huts to increase your ratio. If you have a 175 ratio, all missions will be successful.

Raise Defenses puts your leader guards on high alert for twelve hours. It thirds the damage done by offensive leader missions. For example, Murder, which would normally kill 3% of your army, will only kill 1% of your army. Raising Defenses again before the twelve hours are up increases the time by three hours.
Feast uses leaders to create food. This is usually far superior to building foragers. If you have more leaders and a higher ratio, you will produce a greater amount of food. [insert math]

Loot uses leaders to create cash. This is usually far superior to building markets. If you have more leaders and a higher ratio, you will produce a greater amount of cash. [insert math]

Prepare Raiders allows you to attack other players in locations different from yours for twelve hours. For example, if you are in Mossflower, you will be unable to attack people in the Northlands and Southsward unless you prepare raiders. However, this also works the other way around; during the time your raiders are prepared, other players in a different location(s) can attack you.

Recall Raiders is the opposite of prepare raiders. If you don't want to allow other people in different locations to attack you unless they prepare raiders in turn, then recall raiders so that they are no longer prepared.

The Special Race Ability differs from race to race. See Races Guide for details.

Heal uses leaders to heal your health. Each successful mission increases your health by 10%. However, your health must be 20% or over in order to perform this mission in the first place, so be careful.

Rakefur

I meant more like strat guides for diff races,

Uiblis

Lol, I'm not exactly just answering your question here; I'm just writing a bit for game guide. I said in the other post I'd do the races later.

Warlord's Hut:

On this page, you can use turns to perform offensive actions against another player, including attacking and leader missions. You can also get to this page by clicking "attack" on the warlord info page.

The top half of the page is used for attacking with troops.

(This is mostly listed in "attacking guide", might want to move the info to this guide)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bottom half of the page is used for offensive leader missions.

These leader missions are mostly used for harming other players, so be careful when using these missions, as you run the risk of angering people and creating enemies. Missions cost loyalty and are only successful according to this equation... [insert math].

Espionage is the only offensive leader mission that does not directly harm the other player. If this mission succeeds, you will receive an overview of the opponent's stats. Basically, you get to view their main menu page.

Murder kills 3% of your opponents' troops.

Poison is used to destroy your opponents' food and cash. [insert math]

Sabotage destroys 3% of your opponents' loyalty.

Attack uses leaders to fight for land. [insert math]

Steal takes some of your opponents cash. [insert math]

Make Attack Opportunity allows you to attack or perform offensive actions three more times if the opponent has already been attacked 22 times and is maxxed. [insert math]

Take City uses leaders and troops to attempt to steal your opponents' cities, if they have one. [insert math]

Uiblis

Basic strategies:

The basic strategies are leadering and indying. Magpies and ferrets are an entirely different discussion (see below).

Indying is based off building barracks to create troops and a few foragers to feed them. More barracks, the better. However, indys often are in the red for cash because they pay so much to their army. Indys can generate cash by selling some of their army, then producing some army again next run, selling some, etc. etc. However, indys have few leaders, and are easy targets for leaders. Thus, indying is best done in a clan, where an indy will send troops to a leader player to prevent the troops getting murdered. Produces the most net than any other strategy, but will eventually cap if solo indying because the large amount of troops will balance out the resources used.

Leadering is based off building huts to create leaders and loyalty. Using them, they can perform various missions, including ones that create tons of resources. Thus, a leader player usually has excess resources, and a high leader defenses, but less troops than an indy. It produces net slower than an indy, but has no cap (excluding sacks). After the leader reaches 100 million networth, there is a 20% reduction on resources created using general hut.

The races:

Rat: Rat is usually used to indy. A rat attacks for as much land as necessary, then builds mostly barracks to generate a lot of troops and a few foragers to feed them. It has strong bonuses for troop production, attacking, costs, mercs, and thus is a good, offensive, troop-based race. Rat sells the troops created to mercenaries to create cash; it is best to construct a few camps before selling to get better prices. Its special leader ability, Battlefield Healers, allows rat to lose fewer troops when attacking other players. Some indys specialize in generating only/mostly one troop type, or two, or all four.

Painted One: Painted One is generally recommended to newbies. It is a well-rounded race that has only bonuses; however, those bonuses are not large and thus the Painted One does not specialize in any one thing. Its special leader ability, Pay Tribute, creates both food and cash, but not as much as Looting or Feasting.

Stoat: Stoat is a race generally suited to leadering. Stoat attacks for land and builds huts to gain loyalty and leaders. It receives bonuses in attacking, building and leadership; however it has no loyalty bonus and thus is worse in that aspect than its fellow leadering races, wolf and marten. Even though it's special race ability, Academy, produces more leaders, it requires some tents be built to be effective and thus detracts from having only huts. Not only that, academy uses a lot of loyalty, so while stoat builds up leaders faster than any other race with attacking, building, and academy, it burns through its supply of loyalty fast as well.

Fox: Fox is a peculiar race that can be used to leader; it's special ability, Cloak, allows a fox to hide a portion of its net. Using a ton of cloaks could display millions of networth as only a few thousand. However, its leadership bonus is average and has no loyalty bonus, and so is a mediocre race for leadering, other than hiding net.

Wildcat: Wildcat is another strange race. It indys with huts. It has a good bonus in leadership, and using its special ability, Pressgang Conscription, wildcat converts workers to troops. This is similar to Academy. However, like stoat, effective use of Conscription requires tents or cities, and thus has fewer acres allocated to building huts. Difficult to use in my opinion.

Lizard: Lizard is also used to indy. However, lizards focus more on defense, with a 25% bonus. It is similar to rat, but is not as good at building structures, and is better at foraging.

Wolf: Wolf is a leadering race that is best at creating food. A typical wolf attacks for land and builds purely huts, creating leaders and loyalty. It's special ability, enrich, allows the wolf to feast for 5% more food for twelve hours. It has the greatest bonus in leadering and loyalty, and has some defense bonus as well. It also has a bonus for food consumption and foraging. However, it is the worst race at building and requires many turns just building structures on the land it has gained.

Marten: Martin is yet another leadering race that is excellent at producing cash. Like the other leaders, it attacks for land and builds huts. It has some bonus in leadership and loyalty, but is bad at attacking and defense. However, it does receive bonuses for cash. In fact, its special ability, Goldmine, is a double-powered loot spell. A good marten player can produce anywhere from 50-100 billion cash per run (assuming excess loyalty and reasonable land available).

Magpie: Magpie is a new race that excels at producing cash. Unlike a leader or an indy, magpie doesn't use huts or barracks. Instead, it focuses on tents, or workers. By finishing attacking as soon as possible, a magpie with tents can gain a lot of workers, then tax them for cash as they leave. This is done by manipulating the tax rate. By setting the tax rate low for a few turns, the magpie receives workers flooding into the empire. Then by setting the tax rate high, workers leave, but are taxed for cash as they do. Best done with cities or tents. Its special ability, Tax Evasion, allows the magpie to heal health to 100%, even with tax rate over 11%.

Ferret: Ferret is another new race that produces food..................(don't know too much about this)
It's special ability, Rain Dance, produces more food.....(yeah...I really don't know much about ferret)

Rakefur

This is what I did:

No matter how much land you have, build about 3-5000 markets (just to stay in the green) and the rest foragers. Forage all your turns. Aid to a clan member, or sell. Buy troops for next run. Also, if you want you can make about 1000 huts to prepare raiders.

Dark Claws

Also, should we revive mentors? People who openly place their names on the game guide who act as teachers for the newbies, which would make it easier access for mentors to be given out.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Rakefur

Very good idea. I have been wanting an official mentor for a while now.

Durza

update for ferret: ability does not allow for adiitional food(that is wolf ability), it allows for quicker health resetoration.  Strategy should be equivalent to magpie, except with foragers instead of tents.  mass food and sell/aid for troop return, continue to gather land, also know as farming.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Shadow

Quote from: Durza on October 10, 2011, 02:13:33 PM
update for ferret: ability does not allow for adiitional food(that is wolf ability), it allows for quicker health resetoration.  Strategy should be equivalent to magpie, except with foragers instead of tents.  mass food and sell/aid for troop return, continue to gather land, also know as farming.

ferret ability makes additional food and health restoration both

strategy is not at all like magpie, since tax rate doesn't affect food production

:)