Selling on the market

Started by Sharptooh, October 25, 2011, 09:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

When good are sold on the market the cash goes into your bank, correct?

if you go over the limit the cash leaks out of your bank, into your actual cash, but does this happen gradually over time or as you use turns?

And does logging in have anything to do with it (i.e. is the cash only deposited into your bank when you log in??)

Shadow

cash goes to the bank immediately, and 3% of the amount over max leaks into your account every 10 minutes regardless of whether you are logged in or not.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shadow on October 25, 2011, 10:23:25 AM
cash goes to the bank immediately, and 3% of the amount over max leaks into your account every 10 minutes regardless of whether you are logged in or not.

Ok thanks Shadow, for some reason I was under the impression that it only leaked when using turns, but that clears it up for me  :)

Shadow Assassin

Ahh I did not know that.
How does it work our how much you can have in your bank? is it on net worth?

Soccermad

Shadow

depends on net, and you can make it bigger by building markets

Shadow Assassin

Briar

Quote from: Shadow on October 25, 2011, 10:23:25 AM

This may be a silly question, but where does the other 97% over max go?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Shadow

stays there and continues to leak out at the same rate.

for example:

say your bank can hold 1,000,000, and you have 1,200,000 in there, and 0 in your regular pile.

at the 10 minute market, 3% of 200,000 = 6000 leaks out. You account now looks like:

Bank: 1,194,000
Cash: 6000

next 10 minutes, 3% of 194,000 = 5820 leaks out, and so you now have

Bank: 1,188,180
Cash: 11,820

and so on.