Digital Camera

Started by ~>John<~, September 06, 2004, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorClaw

Also, nobody but fanatics believe non-religious people are satanic. Some believe that they are aiding Satan's purposes by not becoming Christians, but still not a majority.  

Myrhakel

Satanism by the way ISN'T devil worship. Some Satanists don't believe in the devil.  :)

Atheism is the belief that there is no god. Many atheists believe in the super-natural or practice religions.

There is no god, there is no devil. I don't worship either.

Have a nice day.  :D

QuoteYes this is true. But do we need to post it all over the forums? I think faith is great but I'm sorry I can't and don't want to see a bloody man (despite who it is) everytime I try to read a topic you've posted in. And if we can't deal with the word "darn" ....

Exactly.  :D  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

RazorClaw

Erm, saying that is offensive and violates almost the entire board's religious beliefs, Myrh, so... Please edit.

Veranor

Quote from: RazorClawErm, saying that is offensive and violates almost the entire board's religious beliefs, Myrh, so... Please edit.
Conversly, claiming Jesus died for her sins is against her religious beliefs.  If she doesn't care what Mark says as far as that goes in his sig, then you shouldn't about the post.

My point had nothing to do with proclaiming Christinaity was correct. It was the fact that the image was getting immunity (despite its nature) because Christianity is ok with it.

EDIT:

And as some people love to chant: It's freedom to choose your religion not freedom from religion. OR whatever some of those people arguing for the 10 commandments monument (in a state courthouse I believe) said. (However I don't agree with them as far as putting it on federal property in public chambers, that's a little crazy)
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

RazorClaw

It does not blatantly say, "Goid exists and Jesus was God's Son and He died for us to save us from our sins." It is an image. Jesus DID die, everybody acknowledges that, it's simply whether or not He is the Son of God. So, it is not the reverse of what Myrh said, Myrh said there IS NO GOD. Mark does not say that there IS a God.  

Veranor

Quote from: RazorClawIt does not blatantly say, "Goid exists and Jesus was God's Son and He died for us to save us from our sins." It is an image. Jesus DID die, everybody acknowledges that, it's simply whether or not He is the Son of God. So, it is not the reverse of what Myrh said, Myrh said there IS NO GOD. Mark does not say that there IS a God.
Read the tagline below it.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

RazorClaw

But He did die for us, even Jews believe that he at least THOUGHT He was the Messiah, so He died for humankind whether He was the Son of God (which Christians believe) or just someone who thought he was. Saying "There is no God." directly contradicts every religion except for Atheism (which is "officially" disagreeing with other religions, basically).  

Veranor

Quote from: RazorClawBut He did die for us, even Jews believe that he at least THOUGHT He was the Messiah, so He died for humankind whether He was the Son of God (which Christians believe) or just someone who thought he was. Saying "There is no God." directly contradicts every religion except for Atheism (which is "officially" disagreeing with other religions, basically).
Ok this is just going to go into semantics but if he didn't die to save us how was he dying "for us"
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

RazorClaw

Well, he believed that he was dying to save mankind. So, he died for us. Whether or not it was true is up to you.

Aqualis

Quote from: VeranorAnd your 3rd point is just wrong. If that's true why can't I say [expletive] or [expletive] or any of those words here?
Private forum.

It's that same as if you came into my house and swore and I didn't like it, I have the right to kick you out because it's private property.

It is owned, the owner's rules, and the rules of those he put in charge, must be adhered to or he has the right to kick you out.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Veranor

Quote from: AqualisPrivate forum.

It's that same as if you came into my house and swore and I didn't like it, I have the right to kick you out because it's private property.

It is owned, the owner's rules, and the rules of those he put in charge, must be adhered to or he has the right to kick you out.
DUH. That was my point! It was a rhetorical question (or at least one for him alone) I know why we can't. The forum rules also say nothing obscene/vulgar/or that might be offensive to someone on the forums.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Myrhakel

Quote from: RazorClawErm, saying that is offensive and violates almost the entire board's religious beliefs, Myrh, so... Please edit.
Show me one bit of proof that there is a God and I'll edit.
The man
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Scarwake

QuoteAnd your 3rd point is just wrong. If that's true why can't I say [expletive] or [expletive] or any of those words here?

No my 3rd point is not wrong, its true, but some certain admin feels as though he can take away certain civil rights, but he does it for the better, though some of the words he does have filtered are purely stupid & they do not need to be filtered.

Such as da ng, if that is filtered...I'm not sure...or umm...*doesn't know anymore*

So, in this case of this freedom issue the admin has set an injunction which he, the higher authority, set through a something called positive law.

Injunction: to stop something from happening
Positive Law: a rule or law established by a central authority(in this case the admin)
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Veranor

Quote from: MyrhakelShow me one bit of proof that there is a God and I'll edit.
Er well, just because there's no proof of it doesn't mean God doesn't exist. Now if there were proof He doesn't, that would be reason to think he doesn't exist. Just like proofs to some things. People say for long times "oh a proof doesn't exist" blahblah, and then bam they found a proof. Think about how many things we didn't know about 1000 years ago and now it seems obvious. The point is, unless you have proof He doesn't exist then the lack of proof that He does means nothing.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Myrhakel

Dude. There's proof of the Roswell conspiracy and that the Loch Ness Monster, Atlantis and unicorns exist.

Proof probably wouldn't actually prove anything but I wouldn't have said what I did if there was something to contradict it.  
The man
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image