To deal with the oldbie/newbie flaming

Started by Abby The Rat, May 28, 2003, 12:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby The Rat

After dealing with "Who cares what you're labeled as?" topic.  where a topic have when down into flaming, after what started as a good topic, that needed to be debated.

From now on, the terms, Oldbies, newbies(And other spellings) and middlbies will no longer have any meaning and I will edit post the I find with people calling someone of the terms, I have pointed out.

If you wish to have something replace the ranking system of the oldbies and newbies, I'm sure that I can, or other admins can, think one up based on something other then the act/age/post.

From now on, I will be editing all insult of other person into something loving. E.G. "that person is an idiot"  to "that person is great"

I wish Shorey is here to help. ~Sigh~

Please tell me what do you think of this. While I will listen to anything. Flaming/Insulting I will not accept and will be edited/deleted on sight..

Thanks.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

TR Shadow

G'job, Ad!  I was getting quite annoyed with the Oldbie/newbie thing. If anyone got me, I was trying to prove a point with  staying a newbie.  These labelings mean nothing and shouldn't be used.

~Julie~

Holby

Quote from: Ad The RatIf you wish to have something replace the ranking system of the oldbies and newbies, I'm sure that I can, or other admins can, think one up based on something other then the act/age/post.
That just eliminates the reason you did this for, Ad. Changing the names doesn't make a difference, people still know what they're being regarded as.
:rolleyes:
I will not deleted this

Ruatine

*applauds Ad* Very good, sir. They are all wonderful ideas.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Veranor

Good job Ad!

And with that, the Lord Ad declared an end to the class system. The oppressed rose up with joy and were accepted into the forum as people, not things!
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Orcrist

Great idea Ad- another idea is to set certain vulagar words to be immeadietly and automatically edit to say something like "this person does not have the intellegence to use decent english"...talk to the makers of QMT about it- they had it in their forum...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Blackeyes

Brilliant idea Orcrist . I was thinking something of the same manner . I was just wondering though ... if someone has really bad spelling and grammer can us middlebies and oldbies correct them ?
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

RazorClaw

Isn't the ranking system what the titles are supposed to be? Like Cat Food Boy, Legend, Creature-To-Be-Feared, ect. Blackeyes, don't use that term!

Veranor

Look who's talking RazorClaw *points to RazorClaw's sig*.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

RazorClaw

I only just read this. I'm deleting that now.

Veranor

Well you had time to point out someone else's mistake.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

RazorClaw

Veranor

Much better :). Also, my time machine goes forward, while yours goes back. Or can yours go both ways?
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

RazorClaw

Peace Alliance Posted on May 27 2003, 04:05 PM.

Ha, I dont know where you're getting all this from. You are BEING LOVELY! I was nut insulting all oldbies when i started this topic. It was a simple little poll and you chose something in it to flame me with? You are truely  somebody who deserves my respect. *cant get over your cuteness*

Peace Alliance Posted on May 27 2003, 04:07 PM  

Prove me wrong RazorClaw! Show me that you can play, then you might make a little more sense. I have no idea where this is all coming from otherwise cause as far as i know you suck at redwall and have always done so!

This is bad and I was doing the same thing.

[edit, Just doing what I said I would do]

Peace Alliance

Quote from: RazorClawIsn't the ranking system what the titles are supposed to be? Like Cat Food Boy, Legend, Creature-To-Be-Feared, ect. Blackeyes, don't use that term!
There is no Oldbie or middlebie on the forum ranking system.