To deal with the oldbie/newbie flaming

Started by Abby The Rat, May 28, 2003, 12:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

They're just taking away the right to free speech. We should be able to tell people not to type like idiots or spam. I think I...no, it couldn't be. Agree with Deathclaw? :P

Cindarin

What does it matter if people use correct spelling or not? It's not like this is english class and you need to get good marks to pass.
    As for this Oldbie / Newbie thing, it doesn't bother me. I still have Battle.Net to put down all those hundreds of thousands of newbs.
    By the way. N00bs pwn you~! -.-
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

The Cow

ok,why would anyone care about callin sumone a newbie???one of those "newbies"could come up and just beat the mess out of your entire horde then you'd feel quite stupid.don'tcha think?or if ur called an oldbie or whateva!!If you don't like what they call you,just like,try and get sum ppl to help you out and just hit em hard!

:eats: Red
2nd Reg. Season BloodThirsty Wolves.
3rd Reg. Season ,Red Horde Of All Evil.
3rd turbo Season ,Blue Horde.
4th turbo season Red Horde Of All Evil.

Kenny Boy

Well i am considered a newbie because i just joined but look within 15 minutes i got myslf into turbo top-ten........

also i was wondering why people call you new if you do not spell correctly or have bad grammar because i think "who cares if someone wants to show in public that he cant spell....let him"
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

RazorClaw

Uhh, it's okay to say "im", but to sy thngs lk ths so nbdy cn undstand u is dum. Spelling badly a bit isn't bad, just doing it constantly and the way you talk is.

Scarwake

I must agree with Razorclaw.  Whenever somebody posts like that I just ignore it and move on...*points to The Cow and whispers* You're a newb on these forums atleast on that name if you didn't 'ave one before.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Peace Alliance

I got bugged for not capitalizing my I's and for using 4 dots instead of one when I wen't "...."... that seems a little harsh. But its understandable because when people hate you they'll do anything to make you look bad. and when you look bad more people will hate you. and they will do stuff to make you look bad making more people hate you. then more people will do stuff to make you look bad and then eve MORE people will hate you. And then on top of all that, the people who just saw that you looked bad will start hating you. Then those people will try to make you look bad. That will make more people hate you.... its a vicious, annoying, repetive and pointless cycle!! *kills himself*

Peace Alliance

AH! don't worry, i'm still alive................ *takes things like that too seriously. felt guilty for putting it there. was to lazy to edit the post.*

Kenny Boy

Quote from: RazorClawUhh, it's okay to say "im", but to sy thngs lk ths so nbdy cn undstand u is dum. Spelling badly a bit isn't bad, just doing it constantly and the way you talk is.
Ok i see what you mean, my brother asks me if i want to play a game called perfect dark and he says "yo ken d you wanna play PD"
Turbo

K Money (#25)

user posted image

Peace Alliance

IHSA!!!!!!!!

It stands for "I Hate Stupid Abbreviations!"

*Slaps knee* GET IT!!!! ITS AN ABBREVIATION ITSELF!!!!!!

~oh boy... thats funny!~

Kenny Boy

Quote from: Peace AllianceIHSA!!!!!!!!

It stands for "I Hate Stupid Abbreviations!"

*Slaps knee* GET IT!!!! ITS AN ABBREVIATION ITSELF!!!!!!

~oh boy... thats funny!~
alright this guy cracks me up he thinks hes funny but he is not and its funny to watch him try to be funny
Turbo

K Money (#25)

user posted image

Peace Alliance

see, this is why i think they need to invent a little symbol indicating sarcasm. That was supposed to be sarcasm... You know... like jokes that aren't really funny but they're funny because they're so lame...

Holby

I cracked up. Very good, Peace. Maybe not everyone appreciates your humour, or doesn't have the brains to understand it. *Sighs*
-CHANGE OF TOPIC-
QuoteWell i am considered a newbie because i just joined but look within 15 minutes i got myslf into turbo top-ten........
Unless you mean at the very start of the round, when everyone is under protection, and number 1 means nothing, I highly doubt that's possible.
It's rather hard to get that high with 105 turns.
Assuming you actually meant it didn't take long, I can understand. However, give me your number and I'll gladly push you out.
:)
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

in 450 turnson regular last season, i went from 70th place and 2 mil networth, to 8th place and 51 mil netowrth. So if there is enough land, and enough turns, its possible to make a big jump like that...

Kenny Boy

Quote from: HolbyI cracked up. Very good, Peace. Maybe not everyone appreciates your humour, or doesn't have the brains to understand it. *Sighs*
-CHANGE OF TOPIC-
QuoteWell i am considered a newbie because i just joined but look within 15 minutes i got myslf into turbo top-ten........
Unless you mean at the very start of the round, when everyone is under protection, and number 1 means nothing, I highly doubt that's possible.
It's rather hard to get that high with 105 turns.
Assuming you actually meant it didn't take long, I can understand. However, give me your number and I'll gladly push you out.
:)
it was about 2 weeks after reset i died so i started over on turbo last week.....

it was hard and i did get hit but nothing a little rat guard combo couldnt help
Turbo

K Money (#25)

user posted image