Emperor Tax

Started by The Lady Shael, August 17, 2011, 01:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Emperors have the ability to tax everyone?

Yes!
14 (87.5%)
No!
2 (12.5%)
Indifferent
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Kilkenne

If you're going to tax, make sure that it taxes missions, too. And make it tax food gain. The percentage that you've listed isn't even that much, but emping should have some tangible benefit.

The Lady Shael

It taxes all the food and cash you make per turn from every player in the game...so I think that's a lot (basically other people running turns for whatever reason benefits you). In past rounds I've watched it from a robot emp account's point of view, and 0.02% was still a tangible profit. But we'll test this soon. ^.^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kilkenne

Right now I believe it's set up to do per turn income, but mission income is actually independent of turn income. I believe it's only drawing on the final +n that you get from your workers, markets, and such. Unless you specified this already and I just didn't read (I think I skipped most of page 2 and half of page 3). But if it takes from missions, that'd be killer.