Communisim's making a comeback

Started by Firetooth, August 11, 2011, 05:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Guest    11:43:46 AM    Viewing Comrade Stalin's profile.
Guest    11:43:04 AM    Viewing Comrade Stalin's profile.
Guest    11:42:52 AM    Viewing Comrade Stalin's profile.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Rakefur

Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Krowdon

Stalin was a communist leader in Soviet Russia.

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Kilkenne

And had 20ish million people killed! For those counting at home, that's more than the Hitler. The more you know.

Krowdon

I think I knew that, but they taught more about Hitler in school.

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Kilkenne

Hitler's an easier enemy to understand in terms of why he did a thing, and it's useful to have a more easily understood evil personto vilify. Not saying that he wasn't someone you /should/ vilify, but people tend to ignore Stalin in education, regarding how awful he really was. It's very strange. The fundamentals of Soviet life are still neat.

Krowdon

I guess you have a point there.

Stalin was the one who died from old age, right?

Firetooth

No, he wet himself and had a stroke. ;) (I think? Some people think he was poisoned. Who knows? He'd been at a film or something, when he got home said not to be disturbed and was found delirious on the floor in his own mess if I recall correctly)

Btw, Mao killed more then Hitler and Stalin put together. Now HE was a ruthless (and idiotic) dictator! Even if like half those deaths were actually accidental.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

Kilkenne

He had a stroke, but he was pretty feeble by the time he'd died anyhow, he had a medley of health concerns, same as most 74 year olds. Also Mao's violence was a lot more accidental and unorganized, then again he really never believed in Communism or whatnot anyhow. His whole rise was just a power grab.

Firetooth

Quote from: Krowdon on August 11, 2011, 10:10:52 AM
accidental?
read the edit. :P Some people think this guy killed him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavrentiy_Beria

Quote from: Kilkenne on August 11, 2011, 10:11:16 AM
He had a stroke, but he was pretty feeble by the time he'd died anyhow, he had a medley of health concerns, same as most 74 year olds. Also Mao's violence was a lot more accidental and unorganized, then again he really never believed in Communism or whatnot anyhow. His whole rise was just a power grab.
Yeah. Mao was pretty stupid. "I know, I'll plant crops close together so we can grow more!"

Krowdon

You have to rotate your crops, you know. you cant grow potatoes all the time.

Kilkenne

Actually you -can- grow potatoes all the time. They're suited for awful soil. You can't grow Corn all the time, though. Or sugar cane, etc.

The Great Leap Forward is my favorite Mao time. Everyone melt down your pots and suchforth for community iron! How will we eat? I don't know, figure it out!

Krowdon

I have learned something about potatoes today.