Your first month at RWL

Started by wolf bite, March 27, 2005, 01:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

We have all come a long way since the start. I just thought it would be interesting what people thought about their first month when they did not know how to play yet.

So how did you find this site and what was your first month like?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Aqualis

I got 40,000 skiffs and tried to take down Sons of Delor.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

The Lady Shael

My playing skills in my first month were very much like they are now. ^_^ But, well, at least now I /know/ what I'm doing.

My first horde was The Black Raiders, #55...back in First Era where your horde number actually meant something. I don't remember a whole lot about the goings-on of the game at that time, but I remember being accepted into DI, and then being Orcrist's apprentice in EO. Somewhere in that month, I think, I tried starting my own clan, ROM, but yeah, that turned well. *rolls eyes*

And I found this site from the Terrouge Links section. They had just put it up, and I was looking around, and saw a link called 'Redwall:Warlords', and it had gotten a high rating. But I didn't click it. ^_^ It took me several days, until I was extremely bored and decided to see what it was all about. And here I am today.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aqualis

At first, I didn't want to join. But, after about two weeks of consistant prodding from Trident and Naltaca I caved. Now I can't leave.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Ashyra Nightwing

It was.. cheesy, and based mostly around the Roleplaying section. =D

I never got past rank 50 in the first Era. XD

windhound

heh heh...  
first horde == Windhounds (116)

but yeah..  my first month was rather fun..  took me a bit to find everything..   newsearch was one of the more important features I didnt find for a bit ^_^
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wolf Snare

lol.

I was such a noob. I remember pissing off alot of powerful people. Well, in turbo anyways. I played only regular for the first month or so. Although, I remember getting to rank 2 way back then. Surprising, because I just massed food with few leaders/troops and alot of land.

hahah, definately good times. :P  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Nohcnonk

I used barracks for most of the first month, and didn't know what half the stuff in the game meant, but I was still pretty good.  I came in right about in the middle of the decline of players.

RazorClaw

First round was #552, Calvinators. Joined ARK, Julie's clan, a little less than a week in. Got 100,000 skiffs, played land-massing. Deleted once I started a deficit in cash (I didn't get it). Made my second horde, got to the mid-thirties, hovering between ranks 35-15 most of the time. That's what happened in the first month.  

Deathclaw

I searched Redwall on google and found the game. Got in a war with EO for maxing Julie every chance I got, deleted myself so they wouldn't get the kill, before I knew that they got desertions and I could disband. My next account spied on Julie's clan, I deleted it and started over, reading their forums for the rest of the round.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Death Eater

Heard about it from a friend at QMT. Came here, didn't know what the races were (chose Rat, haha), and finished 6th.  
user posted image

Scarwake

Hmmm...my first month I joined Regular, I don't think there was a turbo server back then....and I remember coming to the forums and was like, "hmm...I'm not joining cuz they'll all prolly bite my head off when I open my mouth to say something." So I didn't join the forums until after a month of playing the game.  Inwhich I ended up forming The Clan of Evil Blades sometime within that first month.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Holby

Quote from: DeathclawI searched Redwall on google and found the game. Got in a war with EO for maxing Julie every chance I got, deleted myself so they wouldn't get the kill, before I knew that they got desertions and I could disband. My next account spied on Julie's clan, I deleted it and started over, reading their forums for the rest of the round.
Julie was never in EO... Come to think of it, how long did she play? O.o
I will not deleted this

Myrhakel

I joined because Nohc kept telling me about RWL and I was curious. ^_^ He helped me out a lot that first month but I still had no idea what I was doing. I scouted way too much and everyone attacked me. I think I forgot about my account after two weeks or so.  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

bjornredtail

As Northland Raiders, Warlord #2, I created the Commander's Guild to contend with the Delor Indapendant Forces (The very first clan in game). I went to war with DI, made peace through a tribuate, had Ragefur push the clan into war, fought admerabally, was defeated. I was forced into vacation as Stormclaw wanted to account for the first few days of turbo operations, and his accidently sending of his horde north of the known world. I emarged, and killed what was left of the Commander's Guild.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!