You all rock

Started by Firetooth, April 05, 2008, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death

We're just more laid back than RWL or FAF.

Shadow

Quote from: Death on April 09, 2008, 10:24:00 AM

I'd say the opposite. Valhall is aggressive gamers, whereas RWL is more of a community of friends, as far as is permitted by the internet. FAF is somewhere in the middle.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

I'm just talking about the forum specifically.

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on April 09, 2008, 10:27:11 AM
Quote from: Death on April 09, 2008, 10:24:00 AM
I'd say the opposite. Valhall is aggressive gamers, whereas RWL is more of a community of friends, as far as is permitted by the internet. FAF is somewhere in the middle.
Yeah, I've made quite a few allies here, I haven't really made any on valhall, except for maybe death, since I already knew Jiji fron here. The players here are just generally nicer. Last round Peace Alliance helped me to imrpove my Indy start alot and Shadow's taught me a on as well.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

Well, this may sound corny, but to me Valhall is all about respect. You do something to earn respect, and you respect those who have. If just sit around doing nothing then you'll never get anywhere. But all players there have a period where they have no allies, and my allies cause me to have fewer allies. Then again it's about quality and how well I get along with them, mainly how well I get along with them. :wink:

But seriously Firetooth, listen to me on this land issue. Even though it takes more turns to get the land you still end up making way more. I mean c'mon I was a contract killer last set and I Indy'd to over 1bil networth.

Firetooth

Doesn't sound corny to me..least not to much :D

And about land spreading, half of the people I attacked last CB, even if I broke them, my army deserted (up to and beyond 100k galleons attack deserting plus those dying) also, my net was so low because I was killed and didn't really recover properly after that. I know the more land you get the more you can do, but sometimes I just can't be bothered to spend half my run getting land.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

lol, Can I please walk you through one run?

Recovering as an Indy was easy. I mean last set I lost 3% of my military each attack on you because my net was higher, that didn't slow me down any. And I use myself as reference when I try to explain things quite often.

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on April 09, 2008, 11:32:04 AM
lol, Can I please walk you through one run?

Recovering as an Indy was easy. I mean last set I lost 3% of my military each attack on you because my net was higher, that didn't slow me down any. And I use myself as reference when I try to explain things quite often.
Yeah but you weren't killed...
And you weren't attacking me for land, only 'cause you were hired, there's a differenece. The desertions would've ment more to me since I had a tiny army as it was and could sell even less when I needed to. Im not some super-wizz prom player who's been playing promi since it began.

Death

You were at less than 50mil net when you were killed though, so it made no difference. And no, they would have meant less to you. You would have lost much less net.

I know you're not, and neither am I, I started in 04. :)

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on April 09, 2008, 12:01:57 PM
You were at less than 50mil net when you were killed though, so it made no difference. And no, they would have meant less to you. You would have lost much less net.

I know you're not, and neither am I, I started in 04. :)
I cant even remember how much it was lol, Im not sure if I was murdered though, since Im pretty sure on my last run before I ws killed I had 120mil net roughly, I might be wrong though.

Yeah haha you're still alot better then me though, even if you started only in 04, I only started in october, and I didn't know what a strat even was till about my third round...good ole' days...

Gorak

if you're indying, expect murders
thats why we learn to hide our net

me, I always clan, solo is sooooo darn boring
do I'll store troops on my clans strong mages aswell as the PM
I see losing troops as lowering upkeep costs, since I'll make way more then I lost with my next land grab

and at Valhall, you do something we don't like, we kill you or STD you oblivion. Simple. Lesson learned
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Death

God, if you want to learn how to do soem damage as an Indy just ask Gorak here. He's one of the best bashers I have ever seen in this game. lol

But yeah Firetooth, you weren't Murdered, I Standard Attacked you to hitlimit.

Wolf Snare

Please do not judge RWL's skill by the few who joined up to clan comp this year. If I remember correctly, when we brought our whole team of elites, we won the thing.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

Adds that there was a big showing of servers and I think 2 or 3 clans from Valhall. We only had a short time to get used to their code.

http://times.valhallgames.net/valhall.php?readid=480

Just look at this line up:

Blood Wake,
wolf bite,
Gen. Volkov,
Wolf Snare,
Neobaron,
Orcrist,
Holby,
cloud,
Kilk

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on April 09, 2008, 02:16:53 PM
God, if you want to learn how to do soem damage as an Indy just ask Gorak here. He's one of the best bashers I have ever seen in this game. lol

But yeah Firetooth, you weren't Murdered, I Standard Attacked you to hitlimit.
No Im talking about on cc, you didn't murder me ::)