The Frozen North

Started by Faerd, April 23, 2008, 11:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

Many hours had passed and Septimus and his crew had come aboard, any injured from both sides were tended to as they both knew they had the same objective.
  "So" Redtail mumbled, "what do you want with him" He said while nodding his head towards a bedragled firetooth, who still hadn't woken up.
  "Well, it's a long story, but I suppose we have a bit of time, I'll give you the basic story line, one of Firetooths relatives sent an expedition to capture him, he would have come himself but there were other matters that required his attention. He knew a lot about Firetooth, and he knew that Firetooth knew about the black power from the fortress of helmdon, he knew he had to capture firetooth before he did unspeakable things. There was a large band of us but we got attacked by... by... by a..." Septimus struggled to get the words out then started talking about something else.
  "you see firetooth had his own crew, and ship, he was on the run, I'm still not sure what happened to them. Anyway down to business, what do you know about the black powder? and how much do you have? What will you be planning to do with it?" Septimus asked while making a strangle gesture with his fingers, contracting them and relaxing them.

bjornredtail

The captain replied in detail, though still not the fullest of his knowledge
"Our intent was to use the black powder for self defense... Pirates are rare, but not unheard of in these waters. On our outward journey last spring we were attacked, though we were able to bargain away some of our trade goods in exchange for free passage, though it was a close call. We have been a bit skittish about being approached by unknown parties at sea ever since, which is why my fist mate fired upon your crew. "

He continued,  "Most of our free stores of the explosive are exhausted at the moment, though while we were trading in the far east, we were also able to come by a most ingenious use of the black powder. It's a bit hard to describe. Imagen a long paper tube, filled with a loosely packed form of the powder, leading to a far more densely packed tip. When we light it, the loosely packed powder towards the back end burn rapidly, propelling the whole assembly forward. Once this fuel is consumed, the tip of the contraption explodes. We have a small number of these, though not nearly enough to equip anyone but ourselves."

Then, the weasel changed the subject slightly, "As far as our mutual friend" indicating Firetooth, "I believe most firmly that he was intent on sinking this ship, on preventing me from selling these goods, and therefore, preventing me from settling a most particular debt with the Westov family, rulers of a small fiefdom not far from the Freeport of Riftgard. Though, exactly how he figured out where we were, when we would be there and what we were carrying remains a mystery to me. As we traveled west over the ice, we managed to hit speeds that were previously unthinkable... I doubt anything except a bird could have possibly outrun us, and even then it would be most unusual for one to choose to do so."

The weasel captain finally addressed the issue of Firetooth's ship,  "Firetooth also mentioned that he had been shipwrecked on that rock, over there" pointing to a large gray rock that was a fair distance off starboard bow, "We have not been able to confirm this though."
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Sharptooh

"interesting", septimus replied, maybe we should send out a search party to search this rock, firetooth had many, well, lets say important things aboard his ship that we were intended to retrieve" Septimus remarked, then changed subject.
  "As for the black powder, we would be willing to buy it off of you, how much do you want for it?" Septimus replied then coughed.
  "We'll take care of Firetooth too from here if you don't mind us taking him off your hands? He will be locked away for a very long time where we're planning to go."

Sharptooh

bjornredtail

"You can have the 'rockets', as they called them... When we reach the next neutral port. I'm afraid that my crew may still need them for our collective defense until then. As far as a salvage party, I'd be happy to participate and aid in any way I can. I'd just request that I get to keep enough lumber for use as a fuel and for repairs. You may do with Firetooth whatever you like, just so long as I make it home in time to repay the debt I previously mentioned." Redail replied, then asked, "You wouldn't know why Firetooth was trying to attack this ship? Certainly he wasn't just after explosive... He could have simply purchased a small quantity from me. Could he have been hired by the Westovs? Or another group looking to prevent the... um... union of ... no I mean, the repayment of the debt?"
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Faerd

((Holy crap, I just dropped by 'cause i've been missing you all here lately, and I was AMAZED to find i started an RP thread that actually worked! I suppose my not being here maybe helped... >< Anyways, how's it going? What've i missed in The Frozen North? What've I missed in general? Are Firetooth and Pippin stil being spambots?))
"7/5th's of the world's populace do not understand fractions. 48% of all statistics are wrong"

"Because my Reality-Defining-Gun says so..."

~Faerd, Rhubarb of Randomness

Daryn

Quote from: Sharptooh on July 18, 2008, 12:55:49 PM
  "interesting", septimus replied, maybe we should send out a search party to search this rock, firetooth had many, well, lets say important things aboard his ship that we were intended to retrieve" Septimus remarked, then changed subject.
  "As for the black powder, we would be willing to buy it off of you, how much do you want for it?" Septimus replied then coughed.
  "We'll take care of Firetooth too from here if you don't mind us taking him off your hands? He will be locked away for a very long time where we're planning to go."

omg i think its my old char septimus sevenclaw   :wink:
Pies.

Daryn

While the conflict raged, a lone figure stood in the tundra, making south. It was a massive dragon, white a crown of ice on its pale blue head, a piercing cerulean eyes. Wings of ice folded against his massive back, and scales of ice covered the thick length of his entire body. He was Szori, ruler of freezing ice, mover of glaciers, and breather of blizzards.
The North bored him, as he had conquered the arctic with his cold mastery. New lands lay in the south, ready for the taking, free of ice, and he had heard from many of his victims, that many had never felt ice. They were free from his rule, ripe for the picking.
Szori will plunge the world into an everlasting winter.

((This guy is meant to unite the whole Northlands against Szori. The demon is a one man (or demon) army.))
Pies.