A Puzzle

Started by Peace Alliance, March 04, 2013, 04:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Hey so I can get some extra points by solving this puzzle. It probably has something to do with alternate reality games (not sure if you know what those are). I suck at puzzles though, so if anyone of you folks wanna take a crack at it, here's the image:

OH, the prof posted it to his blog too, and he leaves even more clues in the comments section: http://www.3812.graeworks.net/2013/03/04/what-i-found-in-a-defunct-email-account-with-the-subject-help/

Shoot

Quoteifnprm.xln/glloh/xrksvi/

That blog comment is clearly a URL. Taking a look at the .xln part, which would seem logical that it would be .com (or .net or some other common url extension)

X = 3rd to last letter of the alphabet
L = 15th to last letter
N = 13th to last letter

C = 3rd letter of alphabet
O = 15th letter of alphabet
M = 13th letter of alphabet

If this is the pattern for the puzzle, then substitute:
A=Z B=Y C=X...Z=A

I don't really care to work out the whole puzzle to see if that works, but that might be it.

Durza

after doing part of a line, there is another cypher within.

The top line also looks like an address
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Shoot

Hmm yea, you're right about that. I'll look more into it when I wake up later on today and see if I can figure out something.

rumkin.com/tools/cipher was what the comment url translated to, though its clear that cypher did not work for the puzzle.

EDIT: After trying to figure it out for some time, I can honestly say I don't have a clue :(

Peace Alliance

The prof posted this hint:

"certainly seems to be two distinct blocks of text there. I wonder what that could imply."

Also, is it possible that the top is geographical coordinates?

Shores of Tripoli

Start with the corners, that's what my mom always said.