A new Squire

Started by Etendue, August 27, 2011, 08:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etendue

We need a new teaching clan. Look at the people ranked below 15-20. Almost all of them are in southwards, which simply doesn't make sense, and can't net for poo. When I started playing again earlier this year, Squire taught me how to play, and you know what? It helped a lot. Regular is sorely in need of a new Squire, so that new players can do more than just spam scout, and so that RWL will maintain a lasting appeal for them.

So, any volunteers?
Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

The Lady Shael

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Rakefur

Haha, WAR took all the newbies. So, NO. Sorry. ;)
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Pippin

good, maybe they'll learn how to be rough and how to destroy net  :D
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Rakefur

Quote from: Pippin on August 27, 2011, 09:05:39 AM
good, maybe they'll learn how to be rough and how to destroy net  :D
Lol, thats what we're here for, wot wot?

Etendue

Yes, but are the leaders of WAR actually teaching? Everybody in that clan are newbs. We need a clan like the old squire, with older than dirt veterans teaching. Sevah apparently is setting one up, hopefully it won't end up like Medic.

Actually, now that I think of it, Imperial also teaches, but only if you're on MSN.

P.S. Destroying net all the time gets you nowhere. Learning how to net is important.
Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

Pippin

learning how to make net is only half of it, you can make it but can you defend it? defending and attacking/destroying is another big part of the game.

from what i can see it's a warring clan, so what would making masses of net achieve? destroying net would be more important to them if they stuck to what there doing.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Kilkenne

Imperial was teaching until I stopped playing. It really had nothing to do with MSN, we just put that in our forums in case they wanted real time help as opposed to help via message with me. I did most of my helping via personal message in-game with the members, because they were terrified mostly to post on the forums. A lot of what I did was hook them up with other veterans and give them direct advice as far as race changes and stuff.

A thing to note is that there aren't a ton of old, old veterans right now playing, and those that are generally don't have the time at present to set something up like a "Squire". Sevah's probably your best bet, as he tends to build a good rapport with new players, but the one thing I will say is that eventually he'll have to fight against his trainees, which I'm sure he doesn't care about, but most of them don't care to fight him once they've learned.

If you really value learning to net, we should just send everyone to Sevah and probably Holby if he gets interested again, because they are best at socking away food/cash. I lost interest in playing when I got busy, and now due to circumstance I can't sit at the PC all day so I'd rather use my time to post than answer questions/play effectively other than messing around, so I'd be glad if they did it.

Kilkenne

Quote from: Pippin on August 27, 2011, 12:08:40 PM
learning how to make net is only half of it, you can make it but can you defend it? defending and attacking/destroying is another big part of the game.

from what i can see it's a warring clan, so what would making masses of net achieve? destroying net would be more important to them if they stuck to what there doing.

In the words of Holby "Destroying net without a plan is stupid. The game is about net"

You have to create networth to win. I'm sure Uiblis is thankful (I think he's emp or somesuch, I really haven't bothered to check) that everyone started jacking one another, because he was unclanned and could skate easily into the emp slot without anyone really caring. But in the end, even I'll admit (as someone who hates land flow and what have you) that the game is about who has more digital score points than someone else, and if you're playing to win, you've got to eventually create something. Having your own set of "goals" is admirable, but no one really cares what those goals and if you have achieved them until you have done something that shows actual competence and a will to succeed in the traditional sense.

Pippin

I agree and im not against the idea at all, im just saying, from what i've seen and heard they're all for war, not love and peace. It wouldn't directly benefit them if they were to create net and have their enemies they've created over there time here to just destroy it.

anyway i guess this topic wasnt about their clan anyway so i'll stop there.

a teaching clan would be a good idea though.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Land Farm

The great and Powerful Sevah is creating a superclan for teaching newbies.
I am so powerful I need neither drink nor food. To feel the warmth of the fire at my feet is enough drink for me. And to feel the cool breezes on my face is enough food for me. You can not even begin to fathom my power. You are like a little ant, that I crush the life out of.

Rakefur

Quote from: Etendue on August 27, 2011, 12:03:42 PM
Yes, but are the leaders of WAR actually teaching? Everybody in that clan are newbs. We need a clan like the old squire, with older than dirt veterans teaching. Sevah apparently is setting one up, hopefully it won't end up like Medic.
Yes, we are teaching some people the basics and simple strats. However, half the people don't go on the clan forums, so its hard to help them. That is part of the reason Sevah is setting a new clan up.
Quote from: Pippin on August 27, 2011, 12:08:40 PM
For once I agree with you, Pip.
Quote from: Pippin on August 27, 2011, 12:17:25 PM
I agree and im not against the idea at all, im just saying, from what i've seen and heard they're all for war, not love and peace. It wouldn't directly benefit them if they were to create net and have their enemies they've created over there time here to just destroy it.
Once again, I agree with you Pip.

And yes, we do need a teaching clan.

Durza

From one player who is in this category, I find that this would be useful.  But as I explore the forums I keep learning.  It is time that is a factor as well as a mentality, I prefer only to attack when apsolutly necessary especially when dealing with W.A.R.

there are only 10 people in the world those who understand binary and those who do not
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Rakefur

Quote from: Durza link=topic=14030.msg277275#msg277275 date=1314475145
there are only 10 people in the world those who understand binary and those who do not
/quote]
I love this quote. :D

Durza

Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts