Rats vs. Stoats

Started by Juska, February 13, 2004, 05:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

Umm, can't 1 million rats break 500k rats with 500k points from guard towers? 1 million rats (Player A) have 2 million offensive points. 500k rats + the guard towers= 1 million defensive points. 2 million is more than a 5% advantage of 1 million, so therefore the 1 million rats break.  Is something wrong with my math or is this correct?
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Germania

Stoats usually proved effective when the target had 200k guard towers or so, when the amount of rats needed to break was ineffective to mass. *cough* Orcist *cough*

Wildwood

Hows about everyone justs gets along and masses skiffs?
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Juska

Ineffective to mass? How in heck are rats harder to mass than stoats? Rats have more off per unit that stoats!!!! I guess you mages bought all your troops or something ebcause if you produced them you di something stupid, that or your target had a large amount of rats to begin with.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Germania

Quote from: JuskaIneffective to mass? How in heck are rats harder to mass than stoats? Rats have more off per unit that stoats!!!! I guess you mages bought all your troops or something ebcause if you produced them you di something stupid, that or your target had a large amount of rats to begin with.
I guess I have no idea what i'm talking about.  :rolleyes:  

Orcrist

Lol- Germania is talking about the very first age when many people were too balanced, but, by massing stoats, even though people had many guards (I happened to have 200k at the time), you could break through. Also, I have a question, don't you lose more rats per guard than stoats?
~Orcrist~

~>John<~

My point was stoats eat less then rats.

Also, your scheme on food and money doesn't work because, as I said, you don't add upkeep needed for new troops from barracks.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Germania

Quote from: OrcristLol- Germania is talking about the very first age when many people were too balanced, but, by massing stoats, even though people had many guards (I happened to have 200k at the time), you could break through. Also, I have a question, don't you lose more rats per guard than stoats?
Not sure, I think in general losses for certain units are higher, and decrease from rat to skiff.

Holby

Quote from: OrcristUmm, can't 1 million rats break 500k rats with 500k points from guard towers? 1 million rats (Player A) have 2 million offensive points. 500k rats + the guard towers= 1 million defensive points. 2 million is more than a 5% advantage of 1 million, so therefore the 1 million rats break.  Is something wrong with my math or is this correct?
Orcrist mate, read my post. We already proved Cal was wrong. :)
I will not deleted this

Orcrist

Sorry Holby, I missed it before. My bad.  
~Orcrist~

Juska

Upkeep in the new troops won't matter because you'll be almost constanly gaining more land, + markets is the least efficient way to get money in the whole game, The rat indy were talking about will either sell on the almost non existent pub or the black, or will use 70% markets 30% huts. Do all the math using my starting concepts and I'm pretty sure if you continue to gain land rats win. Though what the point argueing because most of you are bais marten stoat buyers.
Current Empires:

Darth Sidious

[joke]Oh yes, we're all out to get the poor rat massers. Boo-hoo.[/joke] :lol: (Please don't take the personally - just a joke)

In my opinion, it's better to mass what everyone else ISN'T. So if everyone uses rats, then it is better to use stoats, no? And vice-versa.
user posted image

IFman

no one masses weasals...
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Germania

Quote from: JuskaUpkeep in the new troops won't matter because you'll be almost constanly gaining more land, + markets is the least efficient way to get money in the whole game, The rat indy were talking about will either sell on the almost non existent pub or the black, or will use 70% markets 30% huts. Do all the math using my starting concepts and I'm pretty sure if you continue to gain land rats win. Though what the point argueing because most of you are bais marten stoat buyers.
At the time in question the only reason I used leaders was for defense and murder. I had at least 200k barracks and was a Fox.

Juska

If you actually read this topic, I gave in to WLM  on the matter than any troop is the best for some situations. I'm trying to prove that rats are the best troop overall in the average situation, weasels are actually pretty good troops and will beat rats and stoats in a standard attack, though they lose horrible to skiffs and other weasels. Germania I have no idea what your talking about so I'll consider our arguement over. Darth Sidious Come out from behind your Rome wanna be veil and tell us who you really are, you'll never achieve what Rome did and you have to be long-time forum members(at least some on you) I like the whole thing about the star wars and what your doing, but pm who you really are.
Current Empires: