Juska's True Rat Masser

Started by Juska, August 07, 2004, 09:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

Fine then:

Juska's True Rat Masser

Races: Rat, Ermine, Wildcat, Crow, Weasel, Fox (Listed from best to worst)

Building % when running turns:

30% camps
50% barracks
19% foragers
1% huts (those are flexible (except the camps) change them to suit you)

Building %'s when getting turns:

55% Towers
44% Barracks
1% huts (again flexible if you can afford it go 99% towers, but that what I use)

Protection: explore 200 turns

1st run: Build 600 tents and 2400 markets, 30% camps 19% foragers 1% huts rest barracks(the camps for the first run are kinda optional depends) Set troop production at 75% rats 5% weasels 15% stoats 5% skiffs

Get some rats, and go out and attack all in your path untill you have 80 turns

Last 80 turns: Demolish all markets, foragers, and camps(again demolishing the camps are optional)
Build that all into towers.

2nd run: If you didn't demolish your camps sell all your weasels,stoats, and skiffs(all but your attacking troop) and then demolish your towers, now build as stated earlier (build %'s when running turns) If you demolished your camps then take out a loan demolish your towers and build as stated above. Now attack and farm untill you have 80 turns and then demolish all your camps/foragers and build towers.

3rd run: Repeat

Tips: Going into debt is ok, if you don't use rats as your attacking troops make sure you have at least 150 rats per tower to man them. You will be broken by leader massers, so make sure you have your defences up 24/7 and sack and capture/standard their bums when you run turns. IMPORTANT!!!!!!: Never sell troops on the mercinaires if you don't have 30% camps. Only use the public market if you want to store armies for an attack/ or you can sell troops while you have camps and then recall them 30min later after you've rebuilt your towers. Only run turns when you have 400-450 turns. Get to the Northlands ASAP for the +22.5% troop production bonus, make sure you have lots of loyalty to prepare raiders and recall them and raise defences, so every few runs build 10% huts then demolish them down to 1% before you use spells.

Pros: You can brake anyone in the game with rats or stoats. No one but super rat/stoat/skiffs(doubtful) massers will ever brake you with troops. You can attack almost non-stop. Works well in both turbo and regular(though not this round)

Cons: Leader players will always be a thorn in your side, but if you play right that's all they will be. You have to have 400-450 turns to run, never use less. You will always be a little short of cash unless you can go unbroken(like I did in turbo)

I think that's all if I think of something I'll post it. Feel free to ask questions.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

bjornredtail

The problem I have with demolishing and rebuilding structures is it takes a long time. As you said yourself, always use 450 turns. That leaves no reserve, greatly reduceing any defenceive capibilities. You are also limited to just about one run every two days. That's plenaty of time for leader, or even troop massers totake most of your land, while you are hoplessly waiting for turns.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Wolf Snare

Brilliant. ::agrees::

no wonder you did so well in turbo..
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Juska

Why don't you post your strat Nev. Like a said troop massers can't break you. You will get hit by leader massers like I said there's no way to stop that and it doesn't matter if you lose 75% of your land because you can attack non-stop.
QuoteThe problem I have with demolishing and rebuilding structures is it takes a long time.

I takes around 100 to do all your demolishing and buildings, your gaining troops everyone of those turns.

QuoteThat leaves no reserve, greatly reduceing any defenceive capibilities.

Why do you need reserves for better defence? Are you saying if you get farmed from 40k to 10k you should use 200 turns to get back to 40k? I'd rather use 450 turns and get to 80k and hopefully not be broken. If someone is trying to kill you wait till your down to 100 land and then explore like 5 turns.

QuoteYou are also limited to just about one run every two days. That's plenaty of time for leader, or even troop massers to take most of your land, while you are hoplessly waiting for turns.

It takes 15 hours in turbo to get full turns and 75 hours in reg(we should get 2 turns every 10min IMO) Who cares if they take your land, that's the best part about this strat you can take it all back and they can't stop you even if you get hit really hard you can get higher than you did last run, unless you don't put up a shield and someone murders all your armies.
Current Empires:

Myrhakel

*whistle* Wow.

Building all huts is so much simpler.  :D  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Wolf Snare

What if your troops are murdered? Not so unstoppable then, eh?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Juska

I think I already stated thousands of times 1. Keep defences raised 24/7 2. If you get murdered then your going to be in trouble for a run, just revert back to the 1st run outta protection and you'll be fine.
Current Empires:

bjornredtail

"I takes around 100 to do all your demolishing and buildings, your gaining troops everyone of those turns."
In the proscess you are burning through a whole lot of food and money. Even if you take out a loan you will not be able to keep enough cash around to re-build and feed your troops.

"Who cares if they take your land, that's the best part about this strat you can take it all back and they can't stop you even if you get hit really hard you can get higher than you did last run, unless you don't put up a shield and someone murders all your armies."
You then would not have the land to support your troops, even if you put all land into farms and markets.  You would be looseing 3% a turn for quite some time before you can get enough land through retals to ballance out your economny.

EDIT: Although with the higher turn rate of Turbo, the stragity makes since. There you can make one to two "runs" every day with this stragity, reduceing your vundrability to leader assults.  
AKA, Nevadacow

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Juska

I've ran this strategy through wars with Loren in reg. I've been mudered and sabatoaged while I've had defences up everytime I'd get on, I've been hit from 60k land to 15k land. And I have come back every run, without getting 3% losses. You are telling my me strat doesn't work when I've played it and it has worked and you think you know the code so well that you can say something doesn't work when you've never even tried it? Go get some leaders and store some food.
Current Empires:

Orcrist

Just one question- what do you do about money? With your camps, you can sell troops for a pretty penny for mercs, but when you start reaching high net vs. land ratio (like 150 mil net on 20k land for instance) and your barracks are barely producing enough rats for you to sell on the market and stay in the green, what do you do to advance beyond that point?
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

bjornredtail

Well, that makes me wonder, how much food and cash do you have stored at the end of each attack run? You are right in that I make a few too many assumptions, but in my experiance tearing down your economny at the end of each attack run simply costs too much.

I see three good ways of breaking this stragity.
1. Leader Massing (obvious)
2. Attacking with a trooptype other than the massed one during an attack run (which would be devistateing if planned correctly)
3.  Useing the no rats trick to avoid the guard towers to attack while you are waiting for turns.

The second two do mean quite a bit of intelgance guesswork, but have devistateing effects if pulled off correctly.
AKA, Nevadacow

Nohcnonk

Quote from: Myrhakel*whistle* Wow.

Building all huts is so much simpler.  :D
Indeed.  And people say leaders are so complicated...

Juska

Orcrist- Basically you need about 20k land for every 30mil net to actually gain any net on a run, if you can't get that it's not even worth running turns unless you just want to get some people mad.

Nev-  I have enough food to get me through the 60-80 turns whne I don't have any foragers at the beginning, cash, there's 4 ways to play that out 1. Sell enough troops before hand to have enough cash to support the 35 turns when you don't have turns. 2. Put some troops on the public market, if they don't sell take out a loan. 3. Don't save any money up and take out a loan for the first 35 turns(if you think you need to do this take out a loan before you get hit so you'll have more money) 4. Sell troops on the mercinaries to get you through untill you can make your camps.

1. You will be safe and have base after you've been hit, but your defences will be weaker. 2. Risky bad defences, and if it fails you have to take out a loan, but if they sell you are going to be in great shape. 3. Maximum defence, but you've got a loan. 4. Not recommended, I'd rather take out a loan, your decsion.

Build your camps first then your foragers, if your real desperate demolish the 1 turns max, build the one turns max, demo, build, sell some troops, and so on, untill you can get 30% camps and do the same for foragers. That's actually the best way to do it because you decrease the amount of lost rescources, but it's real time consumting and if someone hits you while your towers are down your pretty much done for.

Quotebut in my experiance tearing down your economny at the end of each attack run simply costs too much.

Try the strat out in the low turbo ranks for like 3 runs, thats the perfect enviorment, just don't get to much land our your never gonna be able to build on it this set.
Current Empires:

bjornredtail

One question, just where do you get cash then. I see no markets mentioned for your running turns distrabuation. Completely from selling troops?
AKA, Nevadacow

Juska

Yes. The last few runs though I've been lucky enough to get aid and stole over 1bil from 2 people.
Current Empires: