Cash

Started by Raggon, March 02, 2012, 02:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raggon

No matter what I do, I ALWAYS run out of money early in the game and can't run turns because I can't fund my troops! I can't figure out why I have such a high upkeep/ low income because I don't have many troops! What can I do about this?
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Shadow

On turbo? The most likely problem is that your tax is too low - it should never be below 20% (watch your health carefully though - use the heal buff to get past max) and you get the best output around 42%.

If you tell me your number I can have a look at what you are doing.

Another good way to get cash is to utilize the public market - it takes a little while to kick in, but once you have a steady stream of troops going on there at reasonable prices you should get a steady stream of cash coming back to offset your costs. Right now, food is in high demand, so it is easy to sell food on the pm at $20 apiece, which is great cash.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Raggon

Yes, on turbo.
I have 30% tax rate, and 75% cash income
I void warranties

Shadow

I notice you don't have many leaders - if you get 20 leader per land, (put 20% of your land on huts) then you can use powerful turn buffs to get extra cash each turn. You'll also notice this field in army status:

Workers per Acre: (?)    some number (max some other number)

as you use more turns, you get closer to max, and if you are below max you are going to be hurting economically - again, get 20 leaders/land and use the "worker" industry buff to fill up your workers faster.

If you are going to go 75% or more on cash, there is not much point to building foragers. Might as well switch over to tents/markets and go all out, or build more foragers and sell food.

Basically there are lots of ways to make cash :) Just have to find them all.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Raggon

I void warranties