gold mining

Started by Shadow, June 17, 2007, 07:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

when i try to gold mine it says i need -x leaders, mission failed.. i wasnt aware that your ratio could be too high for a spell... how are you supposed to maintain a ratio of 40 long enough to gold-mine a significant amount of cash?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ruddertail

I believe that's actually a bug - you need more leaders, not less.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Shadow

no, i got my ratio down below 40, and it says i need more, so i earned til i had almost exactly 40 ratio - it was something like 40.1 .. i tried gold mine again, and it said i need -55 more leaders.. you need EXACTLY a certain amount of leaders to goldmine, whihc is a bug that needs fixing i think lol

The Lady Shael

We changed the ratio to 80:1, but obviously this needs more thinking through. That wasn't my decision, and both Peace and Wolf are out of town, so I have to wait a little bit till one of them can be contacted.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ruddertail

Have you tried getting your ratio higher, like 90 - 100?
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Shadow

yes, it works at 95 - the help page says 40 though  :roll:

Peace Alliance

help page is out of date.

a ratio of 80 and higher should work. 40 leaders per hut is REALLY low, and the spell shouldn't be THAT easy to cast

Shadow

yea it seemed a little low - ill try again with 80, but i dont think it will work

taekwondokid42

I personally think that the ratio should be somewhat lower. That, and it should be stronger. Why?

1. With the Stoat Academy spell, you can maintain a ratio of 165+, where with gold-mine, it cannot go above 100.
2. Because you will spend so many turns achieveing this ratio, you will not be able to use it as much.
3. If you do much more than double your land during your run, you won't be able to gold-mine.
4. With a stoat, you can effectively triple your land (if you are careful) and keep your ratio above 100 the whole time. Then you will have 250 turns to feast at a 165+ratio.

Add all that together, and a stoat and a marten found in the exact same situation, a stoat will find himself with at least 30% more cash (provided they are both working toward the goal of making money).

Shadow

i agree - i tried marten in the duels round with mixed results, this round i will try stoat