ideas

Started by Shadow, June 24, 2007, 05:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I am no expert in coding and know that you guys work hard at the game so this may not be feasible, but here is my idea:

since there are sea serpents that can only be used on the river (indy place), there should be some leader mission that can only be done underground (leader strat location) - "undermine" perhaps? something that lowers an enemy's defence and makes them more susceptible to future missions (negates raised defence, if defences aren't raised it increases damage by 25%). Just an idea, but it seems that indies are a little unbalanced from sea serpents atm.

btw, can you attack someone who is not on the river with serpents?

EDIT: just realized this might go better in development - o well ill leave it here to be moved if need be, i figure more people will see it here
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Sea serpents were only an idea to be used for the "Battle for Mossflower River" Duels round. (or at least, I was under that impression when we started planning it o.o) This round was just a really special round, testing out a bunch of stuff we could do. Not everything in this round will be implemented in Reg (like no raiders, the locations).

Nevertheless, we'll most likely set up a round like this in the future, and if so, your idea will probably help balance it out.

And yep, you can attack someone not in the river with serpents. Didn't try it?  :-P
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

im underground so i havent used serpents yet lol

btw great job on this round so far, its been fun - now if only the oldbies had been more evenly distributed between gloomer and stormfin lol

The Lady Shael

Thanks =)...and yeah, there really was no controlling that. >.< But we don't hold Duels rounds frequently.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

how hard would it be to reset the round as is but with different teams?

The Lady Shael

Mm, not that hard. The teams depends on the order people sign up. (odd/even numbers) But, keep in mind if I reset, all the bugs will still be there. I'm not working on any bugs from Duels because I'm trying to get Reg set up first.

Peace Alliance

we don't normally do the same setup twice in a row on turbo

Shadow

yes but it ended so soon it can hardly be called a round lol

Peace Alliance

but it was oh so exciting

Shadow

i missed most of the action lol - i only logged in 3 times before gloomer died

taekwondokid42

Yeah, but the current round is boring again. I say we reset and have a normal turbo again.

Also, are their any other "special" setups I should know about?

I had missed the whole point of duels...

Alazar is Back

A reset would be interesting, but since im on the side thats pwning the round i think it should stay! :-P

How do you produce sea serpents???
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

The Lady Shael

You don't.  :-P

Reg will be ready to play by Monday. Mainly because I'm leaving for vacation on Monday, and I won't be able to do any programming for the two weeks after that.

taekwondokid42

It is monday is it not?

kell

Will the stats be the same before the crash or is everybody starting from 0???
founder of eire

first emp on the new server