peaceful netting

Started by Shadow, July 09, 2007, 07:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

i kinda wanna try a peaceful strat for a change and see how far i get... any ideas? i know there a few members who are good at this
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

kell

windys the man to talk to
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

taekwondokid42

Basically, just get every person to tell you they won't attack you.

If someone violates this, see if you can get an aggresive player to retaliate for you.

Shadow

Im more interested in a turns break down of a run... people will attack no matter what i do so there is no point to trying to make peace

idunno

Forage/feast all of your turns. =D

Shadow

thank you all for your insightful comments thus far

idunno

Shadow

taekwondokid42

ladies, ladies...

windhound

eh
if you want a truly 'peaceful' strat, I'd use a simple retal one
only attack those that attack you first, and only the number of times that they attack you.  if you must, send them a message to this effect

I play polyticks myself, along with a variation of the retal only strat
Those that know me generally wont hit me, and if they do its usually just a landgrab.  Those that overly hit me are slammed till they realize that that was a bad idea, if necessary I ask for assistance from allies.  usually not necessary
Leaders are, ofcourse, a major part of my strat.  I generally build 80% huts, 20% barracks with settings to 100% one troop type.  a masser strat, using skiffs or stoats...  neither of which eat too much food and you tend to only lose a few per attack (unlike rats, and weasels are just stupid for general offense)
till its fixxed (assuming it hasnt been yet) Food is an awesome source of net.  it does not weigh you down, you can make infinite amounts of it, and with shields raised its very hard for people to get it from you.  sack isnt worth mentioning at the moment, though things are being changed.

I tend to end up with twice as many defenses as offenses, but I'm alright with that
naturally with the changes being made (food net being slashed and such) my strat will need some tweaking, but will remain more or less as it is

so yeah.  thats one mildy peaceful strat
a purely peaceful strat only scouts for land, and is generally very boring.  you can be peaceful and not bored, attack and not be hated for it :-)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

i seem to be doing ok with only a semi-peaceful strat (as in not hammering anyone too hard :P)
scouting all my turns seems extremely boring, so scrap that

Alazar is Back

yeah....windy is the wrong person to kill....i speak from experience :-P you try and kill him and you have 10 other of his friends that kill you within an hour! :cry: so whatch out everyone :-P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

lol ive never really tried to take on one of the oldbies, except for volkov on a different promisance game  :evil:

Alazar is Back

well volky is just a lil girl but otherwise it aint really smart cause they are friends with EVERYONE lol!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gen. Volkov

Did you now Shadow? Was it FAF or ME? Did I win?

Ally, shut up.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES