just makeing sure that you read the books

Started by Blood Wake, February 20, 2003, 09:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Kilkenne

I've read them all and Triss was horrible. Just horrible.

Mitya

I've read them all. I acquired the last three on the days they came out.
The older books in the series are definitely FAR better than the newer ones are.
--Mitya Shostak

My signature was going to be original. Yes.

Warlord, Slava #14
Former Warlord, Mtsenskovite Army #227
RFFer and proud of it!

Dies Personae: http://diespersonae.no-ip.com

The Lady Shael

Triss WAS a letdown, I can't deny that. I was very much disappointed. But added to Triss, I own the series (even though I haven't read any of them for a couple months), but currently, my little sister misplaced HALF of them...now I can't finish my site....grrrr....
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

What's Redwall? Who would play RWL and not know what Redwall was?

Triss was the worst so far... But I liked the Taggerung...

Badrang the Tyrant

I thought I was the only one who reads all of the books!!!...The only one I haven't read is Triss, though I think I may not now...A new book called Loamhedge, or something like that, is coming out this June or September

P.S.  My all time fav. is either Lord Brocktree or Taggerung

Menatus

The names in Triss - quite honestly - sucked!

The Lady Shael

Taggerung and Mariel of Redwall are two of my favorites...Salamandastron is interesting to read from time to time...

Also, Loamhedge is coming out in September this year. Hee, "The Angel's Command" is coming out in March...THAT'S a book I'm looking out for...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Trident

Quote from: KilkenneI've read them all and Triss was horrible. Just horrible.
Hmm...I'm reading it, and it's ok.  That "three headed snake" is rather scary...

Mitya

The "three-headed snake" was pretty freaky. And it was pretty imaginative, too. The best thing about "Triss," I think.

"Taggerung" wasn't bad, actually. The main gripe I had about it was the fact that immediately upon escaping the Juska camp, Tagg/Deyna's mannerisms were automatically polite and woodlanderish. No matter how good the guy is at heart, no matter how he means well, if he's been raised by a vermin horde there IS going to be some culture shock and adaptations he'd need to make to fit in.
I was actually planning on writing a fanfic which filled in that sort of gap in Tagg's development; I guess it would essentially be rewriting the beginning/middle of the novel. I wouldn't have changed any of BJ's events, but I would have just made the character development more realistic.
I got Taggerung on the day it came out--September 10th, 2001. I went to bed after reading books one and two, pondering this fanfic. I was planning on starting it the next afternoon. But the next morning distracted me, and it was never written. It probably won't be, either.
--Mitya Shostak

My signature was going to be original. Yes.

Warlord, Slava #14
Former Warlord, Mtsenskovite Army #227
RFFer and proud of it!

Dies Personae: http://diespersonae.no-ip.com

Aqualis

I've read all but Triss. I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback because there is not enough room on my shelves for another hardback. My favorites would have to be Mariel of Redwall and Redwall.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

I like the Long Patrol and Mossflower....

General Austin

Long Patrols' best. I love it when the battle starts!
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Kilkenne

QuoteThe names in Triss - quite honestly - sucked!

I thought I was the only one who noticed that! I didn't want to say it here because everywhere else I do, people say "no they didn't!". I hope loamhedge doesn't have such terrible names.

Blood Wake

my favorites would have to be mattimeo, mossflower, and tagg
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h