Oda Nobunaga

Started by Checkerpaw, August 15, 2008, 11:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Checkerpaw

Anyone know who Oda is?  Anyone been onlined by him this round?
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Wolf Snare

I've been fairly inactive this set, so I wouldn't really know. I've not been onlined by him, but if he is commiting online attacks, he may just be new and might not know better.

Cool name, though.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Wolf Snare on August 15, 2008, 11:21:13 AM
I've been fairly inactive this set, so I wouldn't really know. I've not been onlined by him, but if he is commiting online attacks, he may just be new and might not know better.

Cool name, though.

The chap's onlined me twice in two weeks.  The first time it wasn't too bad because I had pretty much finished my run.  It was actually kind of funny because someone then proceeded to online Oda ... the two then started trading attacks.  I watched the whole thing online.

But he onlined me again yesterday and it became a whole lot less funny.  Judging from the response he sent to my message, I doubt he's new.

Edit: 

Our exchange:

Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:05:02 -0600
To Oda Nobunaga (#46) (?)

Maybe you weren't aware of this, but it's an unwritten rule on RWL that you're not supposed to attack people when they're in the middle of their runs. There's even a term for it: "onlining" someone. This is the second time you've onlined me. If someone's online you should at least send them a message asking them if they've finished using their turns.

You've ticked me off and you're going to suffer the consequences.

Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:12:44 -0600
From Oda Nobunaga (#46) (?)

This is turbo. Turbo doesnt mean potty mouth. And you know what...I am really not going to be sorry, becuase you cant really do anything to me except murder me. Which kinda sucks for you because youll waste all your turns and max me out and because I indy ill have all those troops u murdered in about 100 turns. So really I am not going to be sorry and neither should you. Play another game if you cant handle being onlined.

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Firetooth

Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 15, 2008, 11:18:50 AM
Anyone know who Oda is?  Anyone been onlined by him this round?
he sacks me then i gave him a warning-he carried on, so I murdered him but he still hasnt stopped...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

Sounds like NiZ...

The round is almost over, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. But if you are really set on revenge, I would try minimizing his net to <25 mil. If that still doesn't work, talk to several people. There is an unspeakable option (killing), but that should only be used after everything else has been tried.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on August 15, 2008, 03:51:55 PM
Sounds like NiZ...

The round is almost over, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. But if you are really set on revenge, I would try minimizing his net to <25 mil. If that still doesn't work, talk to several people. There is an unspeakable option (killing), but that should only be used after everything else has been tried.

Well, I market thefted him and murdered him some yesterday, but I didn't want to waste many turns with the round so close to ending.  I was just curious if he (or she!) was on the forums, etc.

I'm ticked because I had a chance to finish in the top three or four in turbo and I don't think that's going to happen anymore :P

Edit: Well, it's definitely not going to happen now, since I agreed to send some aid to another warlord.

Firetooth

heh you were doing quite good as mr holmes. ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

meestir amayzing

until the better players started trying  :D  :P :D :P :D :P

Checkerpaw

Quote from: meestir amayzing on August 16, 2008, 04:54:05 PM
until the better players started trying  :D  :P :D :P :D :P

You mean until I got onlined the day before the round ended, hampering my second-last run.  I would have finished at least fifth if that hadn't happened.

I would have finished sixth anyway, but at the last moment I sent half my money and some of my food to Taek to try to help him win.  That's why I ended up eighth.