Announcement: Reg Reset

Started by The Lady Shael, November 07, 2008, 02:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I hate to do this while so much drama seems to be going on, but this has actually been planned for a little while now.

Regular server will be reset on Saturday, November 22nd, probably at around 9 PM EST, but that's subject to change.

This is really much needed because since Reg never gets reset, it's harder to implement new changes. It hasn't been reset since we moved to this new server, which was a year and a half ago.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ereptor

On what basis?  I respectfully disagree with the decision and would like to be more informed of details.  You stated you hate to do this while "so much drama seems to be going on."  Please enlighten me on why you "hate" to do this and why you feel you need to. 
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Wolf Snare

Ereptor- Don't take it to heart. It has been planned for months, and is required in order for the changes to the game to take place. I'm not happy with the timing either, given all of the excitement drawn from reg currently, but we must look at the bigger picture. It is best to not only secure our current code from the loopholes floating around, but to also (possibly) impliment some new features along with the old fixes.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

The Lady Shael

I hate to do this because stuff is actually happening in Reg, like people trying to take you down, instead of it being a low activity period, which would be more ideal to do a reset in.

I answered the second part of your question already in my first post:
QuoteThis is really much needed because since Reg never gets reset, it's harder to implement new changes. It hasn't been reset since we moved to this new server, which was a year and a half ago.

There is another important reason that we are resetting this seemingly out of nowhere and rather quickly, but that will be revealed later.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Ereptor

I don't think that final ranks will matters like in Turbo because Reg is basically never reset, so don't fret too much about getting a good spot in time for reset. =)
-The Lady Shael
RWL Admin

That seems directed at our clan who has worked so hard to keep the top spot.  WolfSnare you seem pretty content in doing this and why wouldn't you.  Your "resistance" hasn't worked and now you have a good excuse to pretend like its no big deal.  Oh we are doing a reset and have been planning on it for months.....haha....Well why go around and argue and whine on the forums and boast how you are going to take us down?  When all along you knew of a reset...

Wolf its nice to see your true colors show.  Shael again I disagree but I doubt that holds any water with you.  I would like to see a vote put out.  If there was I would not vote for a reset.  You said yourself this is subject to change.  I am not sure what that means.  You are not answering my questions except to say that Reg never gets reset.  This all seems to convient to me.  But I guess its hard not to take it like that when your clan has held to top spot for two months and is currently invinceable.

The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Wolf Snare

Shadow, kindly explain to ereptor the circumstances, because once again he brought it back as my fault. Don't have time to deal with you right now chris, just take a step back and realize how ridiculous you sound. Just so you know, we didn't have any idea the reset was going to be soon at all, so don't flatter yourself.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Not sure how much I can say, but Shael pretty much said it already. There are some major changes that need implementing, and it can't be done without a reset. The rest is Shael's to reveal when she sees fit. I know the timing is crappy, and I would like to see it put off, because there are lots of things I would like to do with the powerhouse we have created before it happens, but you'll see the reasoning when Shael decides, and until then please just believe it is a good reason and is in no way directed at you personally, or the team.

However, I would like to see an immortalization of this. We have created the most powerful emp that I have ever seen on reg, certainly by far the most powerful since the last major code release. At this point I sincerely doubt that the opposition could succeed in a takedown regardless, not for lack of skill, but just because of the way prom math works. I'll elaborate on that when it no longer matters. I think Ereptor, myself, and the rest of the team deserve some kind of credit for that in the form of an immortalization of the scores.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Chris?!?
You mean theres another chris. ???
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

wolf bite

I need to read my memos more often.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

I didn't aim it towards anyone, I'm not on anyone's side. I don't even know what the sides are because I don't keep up with Reg events (bluntly speaking, I could care less). I just said that in case people thought it will be just like a Turbo reset cause those are the only resets people are familiar with.

There's nothing you can say to convince me to put off the reset. The only thing subject to change is the exact time (meaning it could be 9 PM, or 8 PM or 10 PM). It just needs to be done. I haven't been updating Reg with code fixes because there are some changes (major database changes) that can't be implemented without a reset. There are other changes I haven't made because, as the staff has already mentioned, we've been planning a reset for months, and I've been waiting till the reset to make the changes.

But as I've already said, I have my own reasons.

And sure, we can have an immortalization. I just didn't want people thinking that final rankings are the main goal of Reg, because it isn't. But I'm willing to recognize your accomplishments.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAnd sure, we can have an immortalization. I just didn't want people thinking that final rankings are the main goal of Reg, because it isn't. But I'm willing to recognize your accomplishments.

Alright, it's still makes me a bit upset though. We could have done so much more. But I trust there's good reason for it. Though I think I may have to start running around claiming that we were so awesome that we made reg reset. Just cause it'd be funny.

I'm glad we get the immortalization though, because I'm with Shadow, this is the most dominant Emp I've seen at RWL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

You guys had nothing to do with the Reg reset, sorry to burst your bubble. =p

Gen. Volkov

QuoteYou guys had nothing to do with the Reg reset, sorry to burst your bubble. =p

Sure Shael.... I believe you. *Big wink to Ereptor and the rest of the crew*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

it was good while it lasted...
I still want award of rebel who did the leastwork!
Id just started stockpiling cash as well :(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gorak

Well, it was fun
glad I could be apart of it this time

my first experience with emp'ing
look forward to attempt #2, which ever side I end up on
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.