What's new in this round

Started by The Lady Shael, June 15, 2007, 09:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

The only reason to have leaders and dips in a clan is to set the war setting and to kicks people, since there is no need for that, no reason to have those made. maybe a send mail to all clan would be nice.  People can surly take in on their own to vote for a leader to organize.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruddertail

What would really be nice is to have a clan forum. Either in game, where everybody will see it, or, barring that, on the RWL forums.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

idunno

I dont know if this has been posted yet but raiders are still on and iirc theyre supposed to be off. 

wolf bite

We have not programed in a in game forum as of yet.  Having one on the forums will not help because as people are kidnaped, they will give the pass word to the new clan.  Pokes Shael about a mas clan mail system.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

White Fang

Erm...the cost for loyalty and feasting is such that you actually net loyalty while doing them (and I'm using Stoat, who has no Loyalty bonus).

Also, are we really supposed to get 75 turns every 10 minutes?

EDIT: Oh, and the bug that creates unbuildable land after online fights has cropped up again. (#5, Alpha Dash).

idunno

Somehow i doubt the 75 turn thing :P

Ruddertail

Ah, so it's one of those setups. If it were a "group" setup - you put people in a group, then gave permissions as a group - it'd be easy enough. But, yeah...

Message clan is ok, I guess. Better then nothing.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

White Fang

Oh, another thing about the kidnappings: because of the insanely high net of the Big Ones, if there's an uneven amount of players between the two clans, the one with the most players will automatically lose out, regardless of actual skill.

EDIT: And the biggest problem with that is that one can never be even reasonably sure that your clan is or is not going to be the one kidnapped from, and thus all semblance of working together within the clan is destroyed. (After all, no one's going to help set up a clan chief, if that chief could suddenly be kidnapped to the other side because of uncontrollable numbers).

The Lady Shael

That's the point, Gloomer and Stormfin are supposed to be the chiefs.  :-P

Gloomer and Stormfin are supposed to have exactly equal networths, something got messed up in my haste setting up the new round. I'm going to even them before tomorrow.

Also, neither Gloomer nor Stormfin can be kidnapped.

I understand what people are saying when things can get uneven...I guess us admins were thinking that once a clan sees one of their members had been kidnapped, they would try harder to surpass the other clan.

But if you have any suggestions to modify it, I'm open to ideas. I was thinking maybe instead of a random member being swallowed, a random member from the lowest three members in the lower clan would be picked. If anything, it might even drag the networth of the higher clan down a little bit.

I'll see what I can do about a in-game clan message board. (it might take a while >.<)

Thanks for all the bug notices, I'll try to fix those as soon as possible.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ruddertail

You could just make it dependant on total NW. That way, having one less or one more member doesn't put you at a significant disadvantage - the better team will win, regardless.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Shadow

it is impossible to use the gold mine spell.. if my ratio is under 40 it says foiled, need x more leaders
if my ratio is over 40 it says foiled, need -x more leaders

this even when my ratio is 40.1

ive tried with a ratio of 20, 40.1, 50, 80, and 90, all with the same result

is this a bug or am i missing something?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Badrang the Tyrant

If we are killed, can we rejoin the game?? I'd certainly hate to leave this since it has once again sparked my interest in RWL.? Nevermind..didn't see this in the very first post.? *slaps self awake*

Why not take one random member of the clan with the highest total net (after Stormfin has caught up to Gloomer)? ?This keeps the clan with the lower net in the game by adding more members but, the warlords with higher nets have a smaller chance of getting kidnapped than a warlord with a much lower net.

Also, I noticed after a Fox uses Cloak, the net on the scores page does go down, but to get around this, all you have to do is logout and view the top 10 to see the Fox's actual net. ?And is there a maximum the Fox can use Cloak?

EDIT:  My turns still are acting funny.  I don't know if I'm getting them once every 20 minutes (5 turns per 20 minutes) or if they just don't deliver on time like Volky said.

White Fang

Yeah, total net would be a better indication, since then it's not dependent on how many people join when. (And, yeah, I know they're supposed to be gigantic; I was merely pointing out that, because of the disparity between them and us, nothing the players can do will make up for a gap in average networth if one clan has less members than the other).

And, personally, I think, yeah, it'd be a good idea to grab from the lower ranks of the lower clan; that way, the upper members can still do the stuff that allied upper members tend to do (such as pooling resources).

Badrang the Tyrant

http://box277.bluehost.com/highload.html

Suspended?  Gah, I love getting interrupted while running turns.

White Fang

Is it just me, or did the Big Ones' net go down?

(Also, the "by average networth" feature on the clan page is borked; Stormfin has a higher total net, yet less average net, even though the clans now have equal members).