Some General Game Questions

Started by BigRick, June 28, 2009, 08:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRick

Ok so i've been reading around and i've come up with a few questions I would like answered before I decide if i will like this game or not.

Ok so first off and probably the most important one for me, What kind of retal policies are used in this game? Like if I attack someone, how many times should i expect them to hit me back? In the prom i play I use the following. 1-4 attacks are retaled 1:1, 5-8 are retaled 2:1 anything more than that and i contact a clan leader. So what can  I expect in RWL?

Thats really the only question I have that can be answered :P

Everything else is just about the game that i dont like. Such as the bank. I think its retard to lose what you have in there if you have max stored and are attacked. Thats basically saying, Ohh dont use the bank. I know people probably keep their money on hand instead of leaving it in the bank, but then it is open to being stolen.

I still dont understand Reg as well. What you want to be #1 for 10 days? Does the game reset after that? Once you become #1 would you start getting gangbanged by everyone?

Personally I like to netgain. I am good at it. But if I should expect to get attack a lot, well i can kill even better than i net. But i wont bother playing at all if i am just going to always get attacked.
If I see another pink elephant, I swear I'll shoot!

Juska

Hello Big Rick welcome to RWL!

Seeing as your so interested in retal policies I'm going to hazard to guess that you are or were from WGZ, I'll tell you that RWL doesn't have that kind of policy ingrained in the players. You will generally be hit until your land is equal to those around you, or until the point where it's not longer profitable for someone to break you. There is no Eminent Domain spell here and the scouting rate is drastically lower than the WGZ code, coupled with 450 max turns and basically such a limited retal policy is not a viable means of generating networth. However, if you brought along some like-minded friends and tried to impose one for your clan I would rather enjoy seeing how well you did.

The purpose of regular at the moment is to dominate the game in whatever sense you can, for however long you can. We are currently in the process of discussing a kind of point system to accompany regular.

Turbo operates on a monthly round system.

Oh and the bank, you don't lose your money if you get hit down as long as you don't run turns. You just need to make sure you withdraw the amount you are over by before you use turns and you won't lose any money.

I hope that answers your questions and I urge you to stick around and play a while before you write the game off.

Also, how did you come to find our site?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Holby

Any number of troop attacks are acceptable. Max attacks on a single warlord is 21. No-one is going to kill you for maxing another warlord. Offensive leader/wizard missions are a bit more of a no-no. But it's still unlikely that you would get killed for using them, unless you destroyed an awful lot of Net.

I agree that the bank thing is silly.

You will get attacked, constantly. And if you try to hold the top position, people will try to bring you down. It's just the way it works.

On a side note, please be mindful that we try to maintain a PG-13 level of language.

Thanks,

Holby, modding.
I will not deleted this

BigRick

Well i was not mentioning the other game for a reason but as it seems it doesnt really matter, first off, WGZ is no longer around. Or atleast it goes by a different name now. and no that is not where i play at. I am a moderator for www.NWOpromisance.com

Its rather new and we are still trying to find our own way. Its based off of the old EZclan code.

As for RWL, I am always up for a different style of play from what i am use to.

As for the retal policies, every game i've ever played has envolved retal polices as a form of keeping peace/causing wars. It makes for interesting diplomacy because if you disagree with someones policy or think its to strict, its a just cause to declare war. It makes for more politics IMO.

If you ask me tho, this game is not new member friendly. Personally if i didnt come to the forums but decided to play first, and i logged in and found 21 attacks, I'd quit and wouldnt give it another thought.

If i do ever bring my clan here, SUP (Solo Unholy Phoenix) i will bring a retal policy with me and do by bit with it. But i doubt i will be able to recruit anyone to this game, as everyone i play games with, use retal policies and dont tolerate being attacked a lot but also dont want to put the effort into forcing a policy on others.

I am a diplomatic person tho. I will usually try to handle things before i act rash.

I believe i heard about RWL from my good ol buddy Mobzta when i was playing the game EndRev.

On a side note, i think you should add to the welcome page the start and end date of each server and let people know that regular doesnt end instead of them having to dig to find out like i did. In my mind and i am sure in others, Regular is the server you would play for casual gaming, and turbo is if you have to much time on your hands. So if anything change the server titles.

I will tell you this now, I am full of ideas at all times and always see ways to improve everything. Thats just my style.

Hopefully I can watch my language. Do you have blocks on here that keep you from posting certain words? The place i moderate is for teens basically. Swearing is restricted, but other than that everything is allowed. But I will do my best to watch what i type.

Also, thanks for the welcomes and info that you have provided me. I may continue to bring a little life to these forums in my own way.

Ungatt Trunn II

It's always good to have a new member who actually offers some constructive criticism that's for sure.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

BigRick

Is there a limit on who you can attack based on NW? Like you can't attack someone if they are 80% smaller than you or anything of that nature?

Holby

You lose a percentage of your troops if you attack someone less than half or more than double the size of your Net. The maximum troops you can lose from desertions per attack is 10%

As far as not being allowed...

I believe you can't perform an offensive leader mission on someone who is 10x either way, or troop attacks 20x either way.
I will not deleted this

Juska

Ah, well NWO is an evolution of WGZ is it not? Or maybe WGZ refugees just all went there. I played a set at WGZ and funnily enough hit limits is what made me quit, but I don't really mind them and yes they do add a bit to the game. Elite Squadrons was fun back in the day as well. I created at NWO the beginning of last month, but your allowed multiple empires which is kinda meh to me. Anyway, hope to see you around.
Current Empires:

BigRick

Taz games is a spin off of WGZ. NWO is its own thing, based off the old ezclan code.

I was skeptical about being able to run 3 countries in NWO as well, however you are not allowed to aid yourself or attack yourself so you can not simply create 3 accounts and have 2 of them be your land farm. You dont have to run 3, it is optional.

NWO does have a lot of WGZ guys tho as you mentioned. We advertise for Taz games and likewise, taz games advertises for NWO.

Shadow

Retal policies are something that used to be a big part of the game, but not so much anymore. Mostly due to a grately reduced player base. Retal policies are only really effective if there are a great many places to get land - here, you really have to hit a bit more to get ahead. However, a retal policy clan would be really cool - if you want to try that later on, I would be willing to help you out with it.

Then again, clans with me in them generally get targets painted on them, so I may not be the best person to try that with ^_^

The bank at RWL is more or less useless. Don't bother with it. It is small, and since you get maxxed between runs, you will lose half of the cash i nthere every time you forget about it. It is actually something that I would like to see fixed when there is a bit more space on the coding table.

Kills on reg are a big no-no. Emping on reg is all about defending yourself, and it really won't get anywhere if you fly off the handle when people try to take you down. The big clincher is land lock. If you are locking land, people come after you hard. If you simply net without locking, most people will leave you alone (although every game has its tools).

Kills on turbo are a pain but aren't condemned - it is generally accepted that killing someone takes no skill, so if you have a fight with someone, it is more of a test of skill to keep them suppressed while still alive.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Bit more space on the coding table? Seriously? All you need to do to make bank and savings bigger is add a 0 to the end of the code line that reads:

savings = networth*10(0)

The (0) is what needs added. I'll look up the exact line of code in a bit and paste it up here. It would take literally 5 seconds as long as you know where the savings line is in the code.
Current Empires:

Shadow

I don't have access to the game code, you will have to ask shael about it. Well, I have access, but i can't make changes on the server.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

I know you can't change the code directly, I was saying how easy it would be.

This is the current code in the bank.php page:

$maxloan = $users[networth] * 5;
$maxsave = $users[networth] * 10;

Just need to change those end values.

There's is also a bit of savings code in the funcs.php page which I assume needs changed as well.
Current Empires:

Daryn

apparently, if someone kills off my net a lot, i kill of their net even more
Pies.