Video Games

Started by Firetooth, April 12, 2013, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which platform will you be using for next gen gaming?

PS4
2 (10.5%)
Xbox One
0 (0%)
Gaming PC
8 (42.1%)
Wii U (lol)
1 (5.3%)
Xbox 360/PS3 for the first few years, then get a new console of some sort
2 (10.5%)
Nintendo 64
1 (5.3%)
I'm not sure yet
2 (10.5%)
I won't be gaming :'(
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Firetooth

Seeing as this is the board for a game, we should probably have a video game thread to talk about all the latest video game happenings and just general discussion. Let's start with your favourite games! I'll post some of mine:

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Camaclue

I am ok with this
also
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Durza

Respect for you all.
have to say though

Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Drakus

POKEMON. POKEMON EMERALD VERSION.

Also Crystal, Heartgold/Soulsilver, Platinum.
meow

Camaclue

Pokemon is okay and stuff
Anyone here have a Steam Account?

Firetooth

Pokemon Silver ftw!

Sharp has a steam account. I also convinced him to get a GOG one so we could buy a bunch of old school RPG's. There was a sale on where you got:

Baldur's gate + Tales of the Sword Coast expansion
Baldur's gate II + Throne of Bhaal expansion
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter nights
Neverwinter nights 2
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale II
Another two or so games I can't remember and probably won't play

All for $21, so around £15. So I'm currently playing the original Baldur's Gate.

"So I kicked 'im in the 'ead till he was dead!"
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

Can ditto most of the things on Firefight's first picture list except the Deus Ex games; Never got around to playing them. Also didn't bother with the Walking Dead series and didn't like Total War very much, but I think the reason I didn't like the Total War games was because I've always been more interested in games where you're also building more interactively and fighting. Lots of people really liked Rome etc, though, and I can see why.

Should add the Dragon Age games to the list, I had a lot of fun with those, even though the second wasn't as good as the first. Still worth the price of admission, though, and the third one might turn out to be pretty alright.

All time favorite game remains Age of Empires II.

How do you feel about them rebooting the Mass Effect universe sans Commander Shepard?

Shadow

Why is nobody mentioning starcraft 2?

Diablo II LOD was my go-to game for a long time, I had a silly number of characters. Don't think I'll bother with Diablo III since it doesn't have PvP. I liked AoE and I was really into Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 for a while as well. Basically I love RTS games and complex character-building games.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Camaclue

I enjoy MOBAs and some FPS games, like TF2, Dota 2, Half Life 2
in short, Valve games.

Firetooth

Quote from: Kilkenne on April 13, 2013, 08:50:57 AM
Can ditto most of the things on Firefight's first picture list except the Deus Ex games; Never got around to playing them. Also didn't bother with the Walking Dead series and didn't like Total War very much, but I think the reason I didn't like the Total War games was because I've always been more interested in games where you're also building more interactively and fighting. Lots of people really liked Rome etc, though, and I can see why.

Should add the Dragon Age games to the list, I had a lot of fun with those, even though the second wasn't as good as the first. Still worth the price of admission, though, and the third one might turn out to be pretty alright.

All time favorite game remains Age of Empires II.

How do you feel about them rebooting the Mass Effect universe sans Commander Shepard?
Deus Ex and Walking Dead are definitely worth playing. The original Deus Ex is hideous now and has some hit-and-miss VO and does feel outdated, but is still brilliant. The new one is probably better if you can't handle that stuff, but you're a 90's kid, right? :p As for the Walking Dead, it's basically a Bioware game without combat, and more bugs. Personally, I really enjoyed it, and think it deserves all those 80's and 90's on metacritic.

I've always though Dragon Age: Origins was kind of overrated. Bland aesthetics and dull combat. Though I still enjoyed it, it just has too much padding in the middle and is too derivative. Looks like Dragon Age III will be much better in this regard, as all the concept art looks great. Oh, and Frostbite III means much better graphics. As for Dragon Age II, it's fun with some great characters. I like the whole "Mage oppression" plotline more than the "save the world" from the original, but the execution is weak.

Age of Empires II is sooo good. I'm excited for the re-release.

As for Mass Effect sans Shepard, I'm not nearly as mad as some people are. Shepard was a good protagonist, but I don't want him to become some "Master Chief" figure where the game universe is unable to progress without him/her. I'll miss Shepard, but they got a great send off with the Citadel DLC, and who knows, maybe I can have a Turian protagonist in the next ME game. I'd love a Mass Effect: Origins deal, what with chosing from a Krogan mercenary to a Turian politician as your origin.

Also, I am now about 3 hours into Baldur's Gate. It's an...enlightening experience. Everybody keeps dieing, I think the Temple priests probably are pretty happy when they see my party coming their way. :(

windhound

Original 151 Pokemon the bestest.  Seriously.  I realized the other day that I never played Pokemon Black all the way through, so I restarted it...  just...  wat.

Kilk, did you see they released AOE II HD edition a week or two ago?  Same game engine, just updated graphics.  Multiplayer via Steam.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Camaclue

Shadow

+1 for pokemon firered, but I need to find leafgreen so I can get some of the trade-evolves. I want Kingdra, darnit.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Pippin

Recommend path of exile to anyone who enjoyed the diablo games or well designed rpg's in general, I think its still in beta but it's f2p and any progress will carry over to full version when its out

http://www.pathofexile.com

also dungeon defenders is a lot of fun
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Drakus

My friend has fire red and a broken leaf green, I have emerald and ruby and sapphire, now my friend has all the hoenn starters and I have all the kanto starters. Hooray for game proxies.
meow