Alternatives to the 72 hour rule

Started by Shadow, June 08, 2008, 04:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

The only benefits to not being in a clan is that you cannot (at least easily) be killed and that you have a hit limit at all times, those in themselves more than make up any lack of ability solo players have.

Besides don't we want to encourage clanning? As it gets more people actively working together, and IMO makes for better play.

Destroying clan FA hinders the second layer of strategy in the game, leave unlimited clan FA is my vote.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 10, 2008, 08:59:19 PM
I'm actually really excited about this request/notification idea....I just hope I don't get carried away and make this too much like Facebook. o.o

The problem is you /would/ have to make it like facebook. The series of clauses and allowances put in place on facebook is the only way their "friend" system doesn't become flawed and unwanted. We would have to add in an entire series of clauses to get a request/accept system set up properly for this game.

And shadow, regarding #3, when you join a clan with a PW, you are doing it yourself, at a time when /you/ want to... With this setup you would be added when you are accepted, and have no control over when you get slaughtered.

I considered making people have an "initiate" level when they first join clans, so that for 48 hours or so the diplomatic relations don't apply to them. This comes with it's own set of problems though... But basically that means if you hop in a clan, you'll have to wait 48 hours before you can have people set to war. Then, if you are booted out of the clan AND you are out of the clan for more then 48 hours before rejoining, you will have to rejoin as an initiate...

And lastly, to shoot down /all/ the idea's that weren't mine *snickers*; Unlimited aid has been there since the game was written, it is the #1 reason for joining a clan. There's nothing wrong with a large clan being able to send all their stuff to one guy, because thats teamwork! The team works hard together to get lots of stuff, then they can do things like that. And it's hard to get a big clan together...

One thing i might agree with is a limit for aid between Allies, since right now it's almost more beneficial to be an ally of someone then a clanmate.
If you think the problem is that nobody wants to go solo. Go back 3 or 4 months, we had almost NO clans. We put a whole whack of stuff in to encouraging clans since then, and now we have too many? Maybe we should just let it level out a bit. I don't think i overshot things, and i also dont' think that aid limits would be the solution...

Shadow

QuoteAnd lastly, to shoot down /all/ the idea's that weren't mine *snickers*; Unlimited aid has been there since the game was written, it is the #1 reason for joining a clan. There's nothing wrong with a large clan being able to send all their stuff to one guy, because thats teamwork! The team works hard together to get lots of stuff, then they can do things like that. And it's hard to get a big clan together...

Unlimited aid CREDITS have been there, but the 3x networth cap has always applied to clans until now.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

ya, but i never took it out, i think it's bugged

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Peace Alliance on June 11, 2008, 12:34:03 PM
Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 10, 2008, 08:59:19 PM
I'm actually really excited about this request/notification idea....I just hope I don't get carried away and make this too much like Facebook. o.o

The problem is you /would/ have to make it like facebook. The series of clauses and allowances put in place on facebook is the only way their "friend" system doesn't become flawed and unwanted. We would have to add in an entire series of clauses to get a request/accept system set up properly for this game.

That's not difficult at all though, it's just for the clan system anyway. I just meant taking it beyond that and adding it to the message system and adding ridiculous applications and stuff (joking, of course).

And the clan aid isn't bugged. It specifically means for clans to have unlimited aid, with no networth cap at all. If it wasn't like this before, then before it was actually a bug.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Checkerpaw

Hmmm, I made a post in the clan hopping thread in another part of this forum before I realized a more recent discussion was taking place here.

Anyway, my other post basically expressed this thought: the system should stay the way it is because clan hopping is one of the few advantages weaker warlords can employ when trying to bring down oppressive, more powerful clans or warlords.  If anyone remembers clans like ROME, you'll know what I mean (not saying clan hopping was an integral part of bringing ROME down, but the point is, clan hopping allows weaker warlords to even the fighting field somewhat)
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Peace Alliance

Yes, checkerpaw, but you are forgetting that the STRONG can also clan hop.

Marell

For example...today Shade was able to join a clan, recieving the full benefits of unlimited aid, and unlimmited attacks on enemies, which he used to help market theft me, before again leaving the clan, RETREATING to safety.

This shouldn't be allowed to happen, and once again raises the question...why not have a rule which locks people in clans for a certain amount of time (72 hours should do) after joining?  ???

Shade

It wouldn't have mattered, If I couldn't have left the clan we simply would have given everything we took to someone who could have left the clan you'd still be in the same position, there'll always be a way around it, personalyl I think clan hopping has been nerfed enough, already it forces a three day delay between take downs

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Marell on June 20, 2008, 04:23:15 AM
For example...today Shade was able to join a clan, recieving the full benefits of unlimited aid, and unlimmited attacks on enemies, which he used to help market theft me, before again leaving the clan, RETREATING to safety.

This shouldn't be allowed to happen, and once again raises the question...why not have a rule which locks people in clans for a certain amount of time (72 hours should do) after joining?  ???

Yeah thats pretty bogus. It had definetly already been nerfed enough.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

People need to be locked IN clans, not out. That's already been decided, it's just a matter of time. For now, you are simply abusing unintended features. 

Firetooth

Agreed. Clan hopping is a pain, though I do have to agree that is has some tactical uses. Cowardly, but smart, strangely, a bit like me! :D(jk)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on June 21, 2008, 09:32:02 AM
People need to be locked IN clans, not out. That's already been decided, it's just a matter of time. For now, you are simply abusing unintended features. 

Well then if there is a feature that helps me why not use it? You are the ignorant one for not using it. In a game of whits and strategy i will use every tactical advantage i can get my hands on. That is not cowardly, that is smart and very logical.

Shadow

Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 22, 2008, 12:03:11 AM
Quote from: Shadow on June 21, 2008, 09:32:02 AM

Well then if there is a feature that helps me why not use it? You are the ignorant one for not using it. In a game of whits and strategy i will use every tactical advantage i can get my hands on. That is not cowardly, that is smart and very logical.

I choose not to abuse known bugs in the code that are going to be changed in the near future.

Alazar is Back

It is not a bug, and you do too. You have abused the aid bug which you knew about, and the time on reg when it costed no health to attack so dont try and feed me full of that BS.