Alternatives to the 72 hour rule

Started by Shadow, June 08, 2008, 04:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

It's the leader's boot power that's the problem.

The aid bug is that clans don't have a cap - it was intended, I know, but it unbalances the game in favor of clans (or it will when clan hopping is eliminated:P)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

i dont see what is so wrong about clan hopping
anyone could do it and its been around for so long whole strategies have been built around it.
Why not just be able to use it and leave it at that
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

The Lady Shael

I just don't think that's what clans are supposed to stand for. Clans are supposed to be long-term alliances with other players, and you help each other and stick together. It's not supposed to be some cheap shelter option. The reason those benefits are there are because the programmers assumed these people would be close allies, working together to get each other in the top spots, so they're worthy of getting those extra benefits.

If we do allow clan hopping, I suggest we lower the unlimited aid and unlimited attacking.

As for strategies being built around it, maybe it's time to learn new strategies.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Obliterator

Yeah though im talking about staying in the clan and being booted to get land as it helps in the long run for your entire clan
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

ImperialPhoenix

Clan hopping shouldn't be allowed at all. The hit limits should be increased though.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: ImperialPhoenix on June 26, 2008, 09:06:03 AM
Clan hopping shouldn't be allowed at all. The hit limits should be increased though.

How will that help the problem?
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

wolf bite

A problem with having made so many changes in such a short time is that many changes can be used together to find new holes to win unfairly, but within the rules.

Before the solution of clan jumping was self fixing, the members would get upset and simply kill the clan leader for allowing it. Problem solved!

But now with the market net, the unlimited aid, and making it harder to kill, clan jumping is again a problem.

Friends that have not even been in the same clan can join a clan, send all their stuff up to the top person. The game has already been taken over and even killing the clan leader that allowed it is too late.

I believe the fix would be to have size restrictions on clan aid and to lock people IN their clan for 72 hours where even the clan leader can not kick them out. This way even if the clan made an emperor, he is still venerable to attacks after he got the benefit from the clan.

I know the down side to this is that a spy could join a clan. Which is more of a reason to know who you let in your clan. You also have that spy trapped in your clan where you can have a different clan kill them.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

ImperialPhoenix

If the hit limits increased, you won't have to clan hop and gather land from clan less players (that seems to always have a lot of land for days maxed).

Firetooth

Yes, phoenix has come up with a possible solution. ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

But that is not why people clan jump. they jump to attack others in clans, to send aid to their friends, then to hide from being attacked.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

ImperialPhoenix

Yes Wolf Bite, I'm aware of that.

This is already suggested and I didn't felt like repeating. Alazar here asking what are ways to handle traitors and how my suggestion will help.

Those is simply answered. :)