reset

Started by artu, February 13, 2006, 09:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artu

bout 1 month ago reg reseted how often does it happen :?

Wolf Snare

Reg only resets when someone forces it to reset or someone hacks the game,. It's never supposed to reset, that's teh beauty of it.  :wink:
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

artu

Peace Alliance

Reg is reset when the community decides that a reset is required. There are many reasons for that to happen, sometimes its because the game is locked up from certain clans dominating. sometimes its because we want to add new features... it doesn't reset when "hacked"... mainly 'cause it doesn't get hacked.

artu

so why did reset a mounth ago any new features :wink:

Ruddertail

I believe that reset was due to the fact RWL was using a large amount of server space, and it was thought that the numerous dead accounts on reg were part of the problem. Thus, reg reset.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Wolf Snare

I can recall three times that regular was reset from either someone hacking or exploiting the game.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

I have always looked at the Regular Server as playing ?King of the Hill.? This is what sets it out different than any other Prom game. One person pushes their way to the top. Then through diplomacy, bribing, or pure strength they see how long they can hold it. Meanwhile his or her enemies make plots to take down the King. Even if the peasants were once enemies themselves, they band together to clear out the top to allow room for someone new. With any luck they can bribe away one of the Kings guards to help them. Once a person has managed to sit on top for 10 days, they can declare themselves ?Emperor!? This is indeed a statement of hard work and ability, worthy to be placed on their signature with full bragging rights. Even in half a year of play, few will rise to that title.

I think Blood Wake may have just earned yet another Emperorship since I think it was about 10 days ago that he took the top.

I theory, this game should never reset. But sometimes there have been newer versions that required a reset. Sometimes the server has messed up (like last month). And a few times the cheating was so bad that in all fairness, there had to be a reset. I don?t have the count of resets, but less then 8 in over 3 years of playing? Any historians have a record of resets?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

I think 8 or 9. Not sure. Wake hasn't quite made emp yet. Close though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

artu