Of things ROC...

Started by bjornredtail, December 16, 2003, 12:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjornredtail

I'm just running this poll to see what people think at this spot on the ROC...
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

calria

Why on earth wouldn't it be?

The Lady Shael

I'm an "Elder" at a popular newbie club site, and clones of that site are popping up all over the place. In my opinion, I don't think they should start that early on. They'd probably have to role-play a bit, explore around, and get a feel for things before attempting their own site.

That's if they want to have a successful site. Most of the newbie sites I've seen went downhill real quickly because they weren't experienced enough. Even I started a club site when I was a newbie, and that never worked out. If they really, really want to, then sure, go ahead, let them. Some sections of the ROC are littered with skeletons of newbie sites though.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

I don't see anything wrong with newbies creating sites early on. I did it myself.. ^_^

Scarwake

Actually Shael, it doesn't really depend on whether or not they've been around long enough to rp or whatever...Still doesn't mean they're gonna have a "successful" site.  I started my own club almost 3 years ago, and its still not that good, which is why I closed it down.  
You've gotta have a system that works and that is unique to that site and can't be found anywhere else...Unfortunately, people run out of ideas and just steal the ideas off other sites and pull down the popularity of both sites, because people can't get their stories straight and accuse sites of stealing stuff of their own sites...

BUT, I think its a good idea that newbies are making ROC sites/clubs because it helps keep the ROC alive, while adding a new exciting rush for some of the ROC members.  While others just tend to look at it and then go back to the place they came from...

Hmm....I just got a new idea for a Redwall Site, thanks to this topic and everything that I've managed to suck away from the ROC by building a rather large collection of ROC clubs & sites...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album