1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

I've heard of EMP, but the only effective way to create a large scale EMP effect is with nuclear weapons, which opens up a whole other set of issues.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shores of Tripoli

Aren't natural EMPs more likely. like from cosmic radiation and poo.

Gen. Volkov

No. Cosmic Rays are highly energetic, but the release of energy from a nuclear weapon is several orders of magnitude larger than even the most energetic cosmic ray. If the sun throws a tantrum, it could mess with electronic stuff in space, and if the solar storm is large enough, even futz with the power grid here on Earth, though a solar storm of that magnitude is a very rare event. However, not even that holds a candle to the effects of an actual EMP burst from a nuclear weapon.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES