A little about Abby

Started by Abby The Rat, May 31, 2011, 02:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby The Rat

disclaimer: I'm going to talk about a sensitive topic but hopefully this can be done without me breaking any rules and keep clean and PG-13.  A lot of people been asking this questions, and well, maybe it a good idea to get out it once and for all!

A lot of oldies and certainly some newbies are well aware of my name change from AdTheRat to AbbyTheRat, and like, wuh, it's a girly name! You're a girl!! I could lie but all the oldbies.. or some of them would remember my gender, so not like I can keep it a secret. At this moment in time I'm not trying to pass, (as in, completely hide as a girl with no-one knowing the past)

The reason I've changed my nick is because a year and a bit ago, I have came out as a trangender, male to female. Not had surgery or sure that I will do and it's a slow process for me and money is my biggest bottleneck in this process. Anyway, that's the big thing out the way! I would really appreciate if you hold back from calling me Ad but it's not going to cause offence, I just have this nice shin.. well, it was shiny but I already used it twice,  I should polish the knife again.  Now who's body did I leave it in...

Re: Dude, Man, goodnight guys - I was just joking! I know people say this all the time without reference to gender, I'm a  funny gal, I like to make people smile ;)

Interesting facts, I have a 70 to 80% hearing loss and yet I can speak better then a person who has a 20% hearing loss and I always surprise the doctors! I only know a tiny tiny amount of sign language, and this is BSL (British Sign Language)

I live in Canada, in a large city! I use to live in the UK but moved. (Verge.. can't find me!!) I am so.. very... cute *flutters eyelashes* :)

Any questions? Be nice, keep the questions suitable for all ages. Nothing nice to say, then don't say it! o/

edit: TL;DR version - Abby is a special deaf trangender person who surprise doctors and live in Canada.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Firetooth

That's interesting, and I have no problem calling you Abby. I think it's good you made this post because ignorance usually leads to prejudice.

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

You are the first person like this I have come across. I find it really interesting, and since I never knew you as Ad, Calling you Abby will be no problem. ^__^

Other question: Were you born with hearing loss like that, or did it develop?
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

The Lady Shael

How are you and Inka doing? :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Abby The Rat

Quote from: Krowdon on May 31, 2011, 03:40:20 PM
Other question: Were you born with hearing loss like that, or did it develop?

My hearing loss was due to a sickness between my 9month and 14 month checkup as a baby. The story goes that I got sick and my mother with her wisdom knew something was not right and took me to the doctors. The Doctors was all like, it's just a cold, he get over it, just a flu.. get over it. After my mum have repeatedly took me to the doctors, the doctors then realise, oh snap, Abby is really sick, get her to hospital

(darn.. I have no idea which gender to refer to myself when talking about my childhood.. whatever, she it is)

Well, the problem is, after they got me to hospital, I was actually already recovering and then at the 14 month check, they noticed I stopped speaking, making noises and responding to noises in general.  The damage was already done. I had my first hearing aids at the age of two and I started the whole process again of learning to speak.  I never did learn to sign and it was the help of the school that I actually learnt to speak (and speak well), and I caught up by the time I was 7-8 ish.

Quote from: The Lady Shael on May 31, 2011, 03:53:01 PM
How are you and Inka doing? :)

We're doing amazing! All married and snuggled up! We've had a few fights, but what couples don't? She's amazing, in full support of my gender <3

Yellow Eyes

What made you move from the UK to Canada?

Abby The Rat

Well, Inka is Canadian and I moved to live with her (and marry, clearly). Although what made us pick Canada over UK was a matter of situations. Inka was in college and I was only working a part time job, at the time it made sense for me to move with her and get a job in Canada (when legally able to). While she was finishing off her education.

It looking like I will get back into education to get a better job, but yet to decided if I want to try and stay in the IT fields, or try getting into a high demand job. (Such as nursing or a trade field like electrician)