English
1 (4.3%)
Foriegn Language
0 (0%)
Other
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Kilkenne

Art was hard. I think it's because my colour range is bad. I think they just thought I was retarded, though.

Rakefur

Quote from: Kilkenne on September 06, 2011, 08:01:29 PM
Art was hard. I think it's because my colour range is bad. I think they just thought I was retarded, though.
I wonder why? ::) I don't have to do art. :D
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Kilkenne

I had to ask Genevieve to read a weather map for me one time online on the internet.

Genevieve

LOL KILKENNE IS COLOUR BLIND.

Quote from: Rakefur on September 06, 2011, 08:00:25 PM
True. I just put in the main subject types here in the US.

Is History a main subject type in the US? We only did a bit of history here and there in a class called Studies of Societies and Environment, and then none at all after 10th grade, unless you chose to.

Kilkenne

In American school you learn about America for like 6 years. Literally. And they skip all the parts about brown people basically, because those parts are embarrassing.

Genevieve

We pretty much only learnt about brown people.

Neobaron

The worst bit is american history is 200 years of boring split up by 3 wars and then hippies, which just makes it infuriating.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

Science and History, but since I could only choose one, SCIENCE!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

What about Art, the finest subject of all?

Here is a picture of an art:

(In all fairness art is pretty godawful at high school level and even at 6th form. I didn't get into it until I went to a specific art-oriented school after I'd finished 6th form.)

EDIT: fixed tags

Kilkenne

Ashyra Nightwing

It's not my art. My art is hideous and robot based.

Our History lessons were pretty great, I always enjoyed them - I remember learning about WW2 evacuation in little school, we had to dress up as evacuees and write letters to our parents as if we had been evacuated. I learned most of my British history from the 'Horrible Histories' books, those were great. Secondary school it was mostly the wars but I remember learning about the Native Americans for a bit.
After year 9 (13/14?) you can choose to give it up or continue with it, I chose to continue and did my GCSE on the WW1 trenches, Hitler's rise to power and the Cold War. I really enjoyed it and to this day I don't know why I didn't pick it up again at 6th form.

EDIT: BEEP BOOP (here are some awful designs for robot things)

Dark Claws

History was always my favorite, especially warfare before the 1900s (closest to the fairest kinds of wars, when blades were a secondary weapon instead of pistols, and where combatants respected each other).
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Kilkenne

Quote from: Dark Claws on September 07, 2011, 06:45:43 PM
History was always my favorite, especially warfare before the 1900s (closest to the fairest kinds of wars, when blades were a secondary weapon instead of pistols, and where combatants respected each other).

I especially like the parts where 40%+ of everyone dies to disease. And if you get shot, you generally get to lose a limb and become a cripple for life, but because you're likely only in the army because you were conscripted, or had no other means of providing for yourself, you get to die in a gutter after you've lost your limb(s). That is if you make it home. Lining up in pretty formations and shooting at one another was sickening, it was like the generals were playing a casual game of chess oftentimes. Only in this game, if you wait to move your pieces for too long, everyone dies of dysentary/cholera/MYSTERY DISEASE.

Oddly enough, I do most of my work with this kind of thing, and it's what I understand best and enjoy most. It's just far from honorable, it was just as, if not more brutish than any way we've killed each other since.

Also beep boop insert tab A into slot B

Dark Claws

... You could've just said you disagreed.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Kilkenne

But I don't disagree. I just think that your reasons are abhorrent.