0 (0%)
The Rogue Crew
1 (5.6%)
I Love them all :)
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Shadow Assassin

Camaclue

Outcast of Redwall. Because of the EVERYTHING. See my reasons why on my post in General Discussion.
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Camaclue on October 04, 2011, 10:05:59 PM
Outcast of Redwall. Because of the EVERYTHING. See my reasons why on my post in General Discussion.
Yea I knew you was gona vote that.

Camaclue

LE (non)GASP! Okay, Doomwyte wasn't Jacques' best book. And whoever votes The last two books, I am disappoint. Though, if you have a reason, I'll let you pass.

Rakefur

Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

The Lady Shael

For some reason I couldn't finish Rakkety Tam. As I started reading it, I realize how formulaic the books were, and that book in particular just wasn't captivating enough for me to keep reading.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Mattimeo. Never been sure why. Just really disliked the whole premise.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ashyra Nightwing

I had the same experience as Shael, but it was with the Taggerung rather than Rakkety Tam.

Firetooth

The books are really formulaic, as Shael said, but I actually liked Rakkety Tam because there was more too it.

One of my favorites is Pearls of Lutra as is less predictable then the others.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

Really Ashy?  Of all the books, Taggerung was probably the least formulaic - for better or worse
In all the books the outcome is obvious, good beasts win - and most of them do follow the exact same format and plot structure.  But meh.  It worked for Jacques, the books are overall entertaining for their target demographic and he sold a lot of 'em.

Trying to remember which one it was, one of the book had a battle at the Abbey at the end - it was going rather poorly, then a badger lord and a squad of hares on patrol just happens along and takes care of them. 
Probably the laziest ending of the series

I'll give it some slack, as it was the first, but Redwall itself was probably my least favorite book.
Definitely the least polished of the lot
'course, some of the later books were almost _too_ polished...  so hey
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Rakefur

Quote from: windhound on October 05, 2011, 10:19:20 AM

Trying to remember which one it was, one of the book had a battle at the Abbey at the end - it was going rather poorly, then a badger lord and a squad of hares on patrol just happens along and takes care of them. 
Probably the laziest ending of the series
Taggarung. That one was the most different of all of them as you said.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Camaclue

Well, The Rogue Crew was a unique one. A vermin that was important to the plot lived, and the battle was way different. The vermin actually got into the Abbey, killed 3 characters, (some I got attached to)succeeded in scaring the shell out of the Redwallers, (Here's Razzid!) and even got into the Abbey! Plus the villan was actually interesting, surviving harsh burns AND getting stabbed in the chest! The only downside? None really. It was so good, I think I should read it again and review each chapter!

Sharptooh

Quote from: The Lady Shael on October 05, 2011, 08:07:53 AM
For some reason I couldn't finish Rakkety Tam. As I started reading it, I realize how formulaic the books were, and that book in particular just wasn't captivating enough for me to keep reading.

Have to say Rakkety Tam was actually one of my favourites

Although I know what you mean about the books being formulaic, kind of why I went off of the series, the plot's are pretty predictable and boring unfortunately . . . wish Jaques had written a book where a vermin did some good things and some mole or other did something bad

Or heaven forbid where the vermin (who usually seemed to vastly outnumber the good beasts ) actually won

And is it me or do the abbeybeasts only ever seem to stuff themselves until they're pretty much sick? There seems to be AT LEAST one major feast in every book while the vermin all seem to be starving.

I can see what he was trying to get at with all of the books but they can be a little stereotypic unfortunately  :-\ doesn't mean some of them aren't bad reads.

Ashyra Nightwing

yeah, I got my last response a bit wrong - it was in The Taggerung I got really fed up with the whole 'good beasts are always good, vermin are always terrible people, it's just the way they're made' thing. It had bothered me before but I assumed from the premise of the book that this was the one where that issue would be put right. I
Then I got Triss as a Christmas present (I was really excited!) but I found it difficult to finish - it was just the same old stuff but without the magic and excitement of the earlier books. I enjoyed Loamhedge more than Triss, but it was the last one I read.

Preußen

For some reason, I hated Doomwyte out of all the others. I just dislike it.

A lot of the books just repeat stuff over and over again with the same breaking out of slavery, someone proving themselves, etc, etc

I really think that a book should be written about the vermin for once.