Bugs and official retirement

Started by Sevz, December 25, 2013, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Quote from: windhound on December 29, 2013, 11:58:17 PM
Last time I feed the troll, promise.

Sevz dear, first and foremost, no one is selling RWL.  Ollie sure as hell isn't.
Second, you have never seen the code that runs this place.  No sane person would want anything to do with it unless you were paying very well.  The only reason people here at RWL have taken the mantel through the years is because they like the site and wanted to see it continue.  There aren't any coders left here to pass the torch to, and if you bring in someone they'll need to be talented enough, knowledgeable enough, and have the willpower and the time to properly understand what's here; what makes this site special.  If not you might as well buy a new domain name and some webspace and start from scratch. 
In fact, since you have all these wonderful ideas, plentiful time, and endless funds, why don't you?

Code wise, at this point it needs a complete rewrite.  The site's core is over 10 years old PHP code -- much of it depreciated.  I know you're not a coder, so let me put it plainly -- the code is so old a good portion of it will no longer be supported in the newest versions of PHP.  I've put out a few small fires due to this already.  PHP is such that webhosts generally won't run too old a version, its extraordinary insecure if unpatched.

So yeah.
I know its dumb replying to you.  You never really read what I type, only quote bits and pieces that serve your agenda.
I wish you the best of luck should you choose to go do your own thing; if you post here again about buying RWL or call the staff idiots (again) I'll ban you myself (as many others have wanted to do for a looong while).
Cheers.
At least now I can understand where you come from. Usually what you type come across as excuses for why you're lazy, this leans towards the explanation side of things. You need to custom train the next coder all the tricks of the trade you know.
The reason I call you an idiot is not because your ability to do the smart stuff but because you put your trust in Shadow and he's changed rwl for the worst. He was a toxic player for this community, leader suiciding and murdering whoever got anywhere for as long as we can all remember. You didn't need to be his enemy for him to do it to you. You gave the code to the most spiteful dishonorable player i've seen. A player I personally outsmart in his own game.
I watched the competition level die completely through this time and predicted it in advance but you all didn't listen to me. Most of you don't like me because I'm obnoxiously honest about my elitism, I don't like most of you because you're blatantly ignorant to your own intelligence, that's fine because if we met in real life you'd interpret it as charismatic, self motivated, confident and eager to help everyone around me see their own potential.

Now as I leave redwall I say thanks for the advice Windy. I'll work on my own version but as you know I don't have coding experience so learning from scratch will take time. As a parting gift to you I'll private message you an idea I have that could make you a multi millionaire in real life if you follow it up. What you do with the idea is beyond my control

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 30, 2013, 03:50:11 PM
I was literally Emperor until I got tired of it. There is no "making a come back", you were in first because I stopped caring.
You got emperor at times I was out of action, you lost your Emperor title to me and Marybell. I lost my emperor title to the 10minute bug and then the clan bug that makes it so I can't set war against people who can set war on me. Calling it bad sportsmanship when this already known bug isn't fixed is stupid of you aye? Sure it's funny to see someone you don't like go down but there's a better way than loopholes in codes.
It's definitely not Whoops fault that in 450 turns he can sack 50% of my accumulated networth over 10,000 turns producing it at 70 million leaders and 175 ratio on 400k and I can't really get him back equally. That's redwall.
The code will be a major bummer to anyone who legitimately builds themselves a big empire and gets taken down repeatedly by something like murder suicide or overpowered sacks. Fair enough if you make errors and get caught but if you play absolutely perfect the underneath can efficiently take you down.
So if I make a server that's better than this one, you old timers try stealing players from my playerbase I can come back and whoop them to oblivion anonymously so they know this game is demented.

In the wise words of Windy in my signature, coding out the problems is the solution. From all the suggestions/rants i've made over the time you know what needs to be done as the coder passing the flame on to the next coder give him a decent start.

Anyway I'm out of here. Hope you all have a great new year and sorry for the troubles I've caused. My networth can go to charity, @Krowdon, how do you feel about learning leader defense from Volkov and taking all my stuff? Differences aside that's his strong point he'd be a decent mentor for you. I reckon I owe you anyways because I poisoned your crops a few times for no reasons other than competition. Plus I secretly think you're cool.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

No way. Not until windy shares the secrets of becoming a multimillionaire!
I will not deleted this