Doctor Who

Started by Briar, May 29, 2011, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I watched the first three episodes (from the season Neo is talking about). It was pretty creepy, but also pretty awesome so hopefully I'll have time to watch the rest.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Neobaron on June 05, 2011, 02:53:46 AM
Yup.

Does she die?

Because shes really, really annoying.

You'll grow to like her.

..Maybe. :P

Also just chiming in to say that I totally guessed who River Song was a while back and got it totally right. First time ever guessing a plot twist.

Holby

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on June 05, 2011, 07:09:06 AM
Quote from: Neobaron on June 05, 2011, 02:53:46 AM
Yup.

Does she die?

Because shes really, really annoying.

You'll grow to like her.

Not true, I've watched nearly four season's worth, and I still despise her.

EVERYBODY HATES ROSE.
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

I kind of liked Rose...more then Martha and Donna, anyway. Generally I find the companions kind of annoying.

Looking at the axing of the Dalek's (Moffat axed them for the near future) I'm kind of torn. I agree, the recent Dalek plotlines seem a bit contrived and even though they're supposedly all dead, there's always some survivor sect or another, and I also agree that they get defeated too easily, but the Daleks are a central part to Doctor who. The Doctor always wins against every adversary, anyway, so the fact they always lose isn't special. Besides, if Moffat wanted to be really creative, let the Dalek's win then, at least to an extent. I just find it ridiculous that this guy redesigns a race only to axe them...two acts that are both going to annoy people.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

After having read this, I am still unsure if I want to watch this show. In any case, I have sent Netflix my request and I hope that they deliver unto me several DVDs so that I might become a hermit and watch through several seasons in one weekend.

Neobaron

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on June 05, 2011, 07:09:06 AM
You'll grow to like her.

..Maybe. :P

There is probably one way I could actually come to like this character, but this is a PG-13 board.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Ashyra Nightwing

Moffat hasn't got rid of the Daleks, they're just not appearing in this season since he thinks they've been over-used. They'll be back soon, don't worry :P And they already did win, in last season's Dalek episode.

Also Donna's the best companion. Martha's a bit too *PINING OVER THE DOCTOR SWOON* for my liking.

Neobaron

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on June 05, 2011, 11:38:03 AM

Also Donna's the best companion. Martha's a bit too *PINING OVER THE DOCTOR SWOON* for my liking.

Yeah is the age disparity normal?

Because theres at least 15 years IRL difference (I dont know how old doc is on the show is yet) and its a little creepy.

Ashyra Nightwing

The Doctor's like 1000 years old so there's going to be a massive age gap whoever he's hanging out with :P

(but no, Rose is the youngest companion I think.)

Man, posting here reminds me that I'm such a huge nerdo for Doctor Who. I like to think I'm relatively sane in all other aspects of my life but for some reason I just can't get enough of this kids' show. I'm putting it down to the fact that a lot of people I know IRL are also massive, secret nerds for the show and I guess we kind of encourage each other. It all started with the Weeping Angels fancy dress thing and then just spiralled out of control. I'm heading to Download Festival on Wednesday and I've obtained a fez for the occasion. Someone else is bringing bowties for all. :D

Neobaron

This is a kids show? O.o

Kilkenne

Maybe she's talking about ponies. That is a kids show. I can see how one could get the two shows confused. MLP is excellent to the extreme.

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Neobaron on June 05, 2011, 06:04:19 PM
This is a kids show? O.o

It's more like a family show, but it's definitely aimed at kids. It's just something that happens over here: you gather round the TV on a Saturday night and watch Doctor Who. :P

I watch it with my sisters. Maybe I should somehow get my sisters into MLP so I can watch it too...pfft I'll watch it anyway

Neobaron

Ok;

The Daleks aren't scary. How did they wipe out an entire race of time-travelling demigods?

Briar

The Dalek's didn't. The Doctor did.  The Time lords and the Daleks were in Time War.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Neobaron

I just finished season 2.

That was REALLY sad. And I don't even like Rose.

:(