Are You Addicted to RWL?

Started by Peace Alliance, March 26, 2010, 10:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you meet the criteria that would define you as a functional RWL addict?

Yes
5 (41.7%)
No
5 (41.7%)
Maybe
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Peace Alliance

Studying psychology and i came across a bumpkis document on internet addiction. One interesting part where it said "Any behavior that meets the following criteria is operationally defned as
functionally addictive:" (i'm going to apply it to RWL)

1. salience: RWL becomes the most important activity in the your life and dominates your thinking.

2. mood modification: subjective experiences people report as a consequence of playing RWL.

3. tolerance: the process whereby increasing amounts of RWL or time are required to achieve the desired ef€ects.

4. withdrawal symptoms: unpleasant feelings, state, or physical e€ects when RWL stopped or curtailed.

5. conflict: conflicts between addicts and those around them, with other activities, or within yourself

6. relapse: the tendency for repeated reversions to earlier level of RWL use to recur.

-----

If enough people answer yes i'll start a support group, haha.

me:

1: Nope
2: Yep
3: Yep
4: Nope
5: Yep
6: Nope

Doesn't look like i'm an addict

Gen. Volkov

Me:

1. Nope
2. Yep
3. Nope
4. Yep
5. Yep
6. Yep

4 out of 6, guess I'm not quite an addict.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Briar

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yup
4. Yeh (but normally doesn't last very long)
5. Uh-huh
6. yea

...wow
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?