12 (48%)
26-35
2 (8%)
36+
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Sharptooh

I always thought of maturity as how adult someone acted,

For example someone I know thinks it's funny to take things from out of my brothers bag at school and laugh, then when my brother does the same back he gets really up tight about it and starts swearing at him, where as his brother (2 years younger than him and taller than him) doesn't do anything like this, the guy taking things claims it to be a practical joke, or joke of some sort, if he finds it funny I would also consider that immature.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I find it hard to say what i think maturity means, it's like trying to explain what energy means without using the word energy, you sort of know what it is but can't explain it.

Quote from: Martin the warrior on November 21, 2008, 10:14:30 AM
im almost 6ft. tall and im only 13 if you would call that being mature for my age.

Almost 6 ft! I'm a year older than you and I thought I was doing well at 5 ft 8! lol

Gorak

don't get too excited, I stopped growing at 15
6'1" at 15, still 6'1" now at 26
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

fexfighter

you guys suck I'm only 5 foot 8  :P and I'm only twelve
My Warrior Cats guild on the website called gaia

kell

being a kid is the only time you get to really act the maggot so relax and enjoy it. you'll grow up and realise less and less things are fun so make the most of it now. who cares if your called imature? once you have a laugh the rest doesn't matter
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIt's a physiological fact that a person cannot mature beyond a certain point given their age. The frontal lobe, which governs logic, reason, judgment, rational decision making, etc., isn't even fully developed until the mid 20's. All things which go into making a person "mature." It's true that a person can be considered "mature for their age," but compared to people older than them, they're not mature. Come back when your 20 and read this, and you'll understand what we mean.

The changes don't stop there. Chemical and physiological changes continue to occur in the brain as we age. I was much different at age 20 than I am now, 4 years later.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I find it hard to say what i think maturity means, it's like trying to explain what energy means without using the word energy, you sort of know what it is but can't explain it.

Energy is the ability to do work or cause change. LOL. You probably haven't taken physics yet though.

QuoteLucky you. Must be fun being taller than the rest of the guys. ^.^

When you're young it is. The older you get, the more annoying being above average height gets. LOL. About the only benefit it confers on me anymore is that people don't tend to pick fights with me. Not much consolation given the difficulty of finding clothes and shoes that will fit me.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

you forgot to mention the annoying fact that even me at 6'1", has to base my vehicle purchases first and foremost on whether the seat goes back far enough

hence, I drive an Impala
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Ashyra Nightwing

I'm 18 - joined here in '02, which would have made me 12. It's been a long time. :D

I still can't drive, I can't afford it. I've got £2.80 in my bank account.

If we're discussing height, too, I'm 5'11''.

It's a hard knock life, for us. :P

The Lady Shael

Talking about height, huh? =/

I'm still 5'3". And almost 20.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Obliterator

Im 170 cm if that counts for anything
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

That's about 5'7"?

Odd, I use the metric system for everything, but I still think in feet and inches when I think about people's heights. Nothing else though.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

I use points for weight still.

QuoteThe changes don't stop there. Chemical and physiological changes continue to occur in the brain as we age. I was much different at age 20 than I am now, 4 years later.

I couldn't agree more! I think it's weird that people seem to think everything will come to a halt at at 18-21... Anyone i know has kept growing.

Fex, I still remember well that when i was 12 i thought to myself "I'm so mature, i could go to university right now!" (i'm not joking, i remember that thought in my head)

At age 20 i dropped out of my second year of university...

So ya, don't worry about being mature. Life will throw you some curves that i can guarantee you won't be ready for.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI couldn't agree more! I think it's weird that people seem to think everything will come to a halt at at 18-21... Anyone i know has kept growing.

*Nod* About the only thing we actually stop doing in our late teens is maturing in gross physical proportions. Most people have reached their full adult dimensions by age 21 or so. Excepting fat reserves of course.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Martin the warrior

i think height also has something to do with nationality.
Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.

Ruatine

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on November 22, 2008, 11:24:01 PM
QuoteLucky you. Must be fun being taller than the rest of the guys. ^.^

When you're young it is. The older you get, the more annoying being above average height gets. LOL. About the only benefit it confers on me anymore is that people don't tend to pick fights with me. Not much consolation given the difficulty of finding clothes and shoes that will fit me.

I've never been above average height (I'm only 5'6"), so I don't really understand that. Seems to me that there could be lots of benefits to being tall (being able to reach pretty much anything, being able to look intimidating if you need to, being able to see over a crowd, etc.). On the flip side, I have a friend who's 6'5", and he says the worst drawback is finding women to date who aren't a foot shorter than him. So it goes both ways, I guess. ... I've always wished I was a couple inches taller, though that would make me above average height for women.

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on November 22, 2008, 11:24:01 PM
QuoteIt's a physiological fact that a person cannot mature beyond a certain point given their age. The frontal lobe, which governs logic, reason, judgment, rational decision making, etc., isn't even fully developed until the mid 20's. All things which go into making a person "mature." It's true that a person can be considered "mature for their age," but compared to people older than them, they're not mature. Come back when your 20 and read this, and you'll understand what we mean.

The changes don't stop there. Chemical and physiological changes continue to occur in the brain as we age. I was much different at age 20 than I am now, 4 years later.

Yeah, I was only giving a simple example of physiological changes that take place that make a person think more maturely. I'm 23 and still don't "act mature" all the time. I enjoy finding the fun in life and making the most of being my age. If you think about it, I'm not even 1/4 of the way through my life (if I live to 100), so who cares if I act like a stuffy adult yet? ;)
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Gen. Volkov

Quotei think height also has something to do with nationality.

No, it has to do with genes and nutrition. The first only vaguely has something to do with Nationality. More to do with ethnic groups. Nutrition still trumps both though.

QuoteI've never been above average height (I'm only 5'6"), so I don't really understand that. Seems to me that there could be lots of benefits to being tall (being able to reach pretty much anything, being able to look intimidating if you need to, being able to see over a crowd, etc.). On the flip side, I have a friend who's 6'5", and he says the worst drawback is finding women to date who aren't a foot shorter than him. So it goes both ways, I guess. ... I've always wished I was a couple inches taller, though that would make me above average height for women.

Yeah, that is another drawback, I have issues finding girls who pass the one foot rule. There are advantages I suppose, but people who are 6'5" like your friend or 6'6" like me are approaching the point where being tall has more drawbacks than benefits. In my opinion, between 6'1" and 6'4" is probably the point were being tall has more advantages than disadvantages. Much past that and things start to get ridiculous.

Yeah, I was only giving a simple example of physiological changes that take place that make a person think more maturely. I'm 23 and still don't "act mature" all the time. I enjoy finding the fun in life and making the most of being my age. If you think about it, I'm not even 1/4 of the way through my life (if I live to 100), so who cares if I act like a stuffy adult yet?

Yah, OK. And good point, though about 50 years ago you would have been expected to be married and settled down by age 20 or so. That changed in the '60s and '70s, so you can thank your parents for that one.