Landfat Ratios...

Started by bjornredtail, December 19, 2004, 11:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

Quote from: NohcnonkAll I do is attack whoever has the most land.  If it's some guy who just came out of protection, it's too bad for him.  Unless I think it'd be too mean to overattack.
hehe.

I do this aswell. after that person has nothing more to give, I move onto someone who has more land..
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ragefur

Is this why so many people seem to not have defenses?

This has been my common experience...
Your Army breaks through Warlord X's defenses and captures 684 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
2 Stoats
In their defense, Canon lost:

Is the whole game a pony farm?

~Ragefur
Highest Rank: 1
8th player ever.

Nohcnonk

Well, I don't see it profitable to have defenses normally...

RazorClaw

Nah, mainly massers. It's hard to play balanced w/ the land in its current state... And I believe there's a land deficiency.  

Ragefur

QuoteWell, I don't see it profitable to have defenses normally...
This I understand if you're just raising ponies. However, you cannot create a crushing army and launch a reign of terror if you have zero stoats.

EDITATION
Quotethere's a land deficiency.
There doesn't have to be. If you can hold onto your land, and keep sucking it from people who are rising up beneath you, then you could grow your land. It should be easily possible for the top three(ish) players to gain and keep 25 to 30 K land.

~Ragefur
8th player ever.

Peace Alliance

its possibly to get 45K, as juska proved earlier.. and he started with what.. 15k?

the point is, its no longer profitable for you to try and hold your defense... if you, Ragefur, manage to build a defense strong enough to hold everyone off so that you can keep your land, then i will be in awe of your mightyness... then i will brake you.

Gen. Volkov

Lol. Exactly. It's near impossible to hold everyone off anymore. I mean the current EMPEROR of the game couldn't do it. I try to have a balanced army. The guy you hit was prolly HPRing, but he could have just been heavily attacked and lost his stoats. *Looks at current reg standings* Ok see what I'd do, if I was not in a clan, is I'd hit Juska alot, followed by most of the other members of Wrath, then I'd make lotsa cash, and buy me a big honkin army. But I wouldn't even bother to build towers. Because it would just be a waste of resources. So yes, yo can grow land, but in fits and starts only. The game has changed quite a bit Ragefur.
[edit] Btw.. if you could hold people off, I'd do the same as Peace Alliance, lol, but after he broke you, I'd come in and sweep up a bit while the land was still there. *Grins* But first I would give you much props.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: RagefurEDITATION
There doesn't have to be. If you can hold onto your land, and keep sucking it from people who are rising up beneath you, then you could grow your land. It should be easily possible for the top three(ish) players to gain and keep 25 to 30 K land.

~Ragefur
Thing is, we have a lot of good players. They are aided by the changes to the code of the game so it's easier to break. Whenever those good players make a run, they have a single troop type that can break anyone in the game. Because we have several of these good players, they never stop trading land, and it slowly goes down the chain till land is just about even all around the board.
Because everyone knows they can't hold their land, they don't balance their troops. This means whoever can play leaders the best wins
I will not deleted this

Ragefur

Quoteif you, Ragefur, manage to build a defense strong enough to hold everyone off so that you can keep your land, then i will be in awe of your mightyness... then i will brake you.
OK.

I don't think I will, as I'm still learning and will soon not have very much time for RWL. You should also remember that pride goes before a fall.

~Ragefur
8th player ever.

Nohcnonk

True, I am mostly making food because there's no one to kill, so no crushing army of doom for me. XD

Peace Alliance

my pride is well fortified ragefur, but i'm not saying it can't be disturbed.

Ragefur

Quotemy pride is well fortified ragefur, but i'm not saying it can't be disturbed.
I believe you. In fact you probably would be able to smash me. Heh. I was never as good a player as I wished I was.

~Ragefur
8th player ever.

Peace Alliance

Juska

I had 8k

No use trying to spread forces, as a learned again after PA came through killing 2mil of my stoats thought I doubt I could have held him out even if I had massed stoats, and someone hired a merc to murder me.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

This has just become etc. etc. hasn't it? We are all basically saying the same thing.. LOL. But hey, it was fun beating on Death Eater today after he left his clan.. MY clan. LOL. Though I don't get why he didn't even make an attempt to defend agaisnt stoats seeing as they and rats are the most heavily used troops in the game. *Shakes head*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES