guys this is getting annoying.

Started by Peace Alliance, December 29, 2004, 10:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

alright, every time i make a run, i scratch up to 40K land... and yet you guys don't seem to be able to get above 35 when you do it... its like land isn't going up at all.

either you guys put more effort into your land grabs, and stop feeding off me. or i stop taking land and you guys lose your farm.

Gen. Volkov

Hey! I just attack the biggest land source! If it happens to be you I attack you. But the most recent attack was also the only time I've attacked you all game.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

RazorClaw

By making yourself a land farm, you invite people to sit and farm off your land. It's natural. Either stop getting so much land, or make yourself unbreakable so land has to be brought up.

Peace Alliance

you both obviously missed my entire point.

land will not grow in this game, if all you guys ever do is take from the biggest land source, then reep off it.

i scratch land out of like 6 or 7 people to get what i get, because by the time its my turn, its all been passed around so much that the land has rounded out. then when one of you guys sees me at 40K, you take as much as you can, which gets you up to about 35K, then you stop. then the next person to take a run sees you at 35K, and attacks you only to get 30K... thus it gets rounded down, and if i weren't collecting it all again, the land would always be rounded, and you guys would be whining about lowered land.

look at this, i ended my run with 40K acres of land... i am now at 7K!! that means you guys took 33K land from me, about 77% of my land, all because nobody here knows how to properly scratch for land.

the reason you guys aren't scratching, is because most of you are capturing, which gets you less land and you find yourself running out of turns for attacking because you're all storing, and you take plenty land from me.

so, i will no longer be taking the land for you guys, because its getting rediculas. i'll force you to scratch your own darn land!

Ragefur

Highest Rank: 1
8th player ever.

bjornredtail

Hum... 7 k land you took from me. And I have a 100%+ (or even more) retal policy.

However, I'll wait for Peace to make his run first.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Peace Alliance

yeah, smart playin there bud. forget about profit and attack purely on retaliation... that way i'll learn my lesson right?

ha, if i want to stop you, i will. retaliation doesn't stop me from attacking you. might be time you rethink your stratagy... or maybe just think your stratagy  B)  

bjornredtail

Hey, it's been profitable so far. Fairly few make land grabs aginst me... But then people like you slam me for all you have, takeing such a massive amount of land. In fact, I should have made my move while you were down.
AKA, Nevadacow

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Peace Alliance

yeah 'cause taking me while i have low land is profitable? you dont know what your talking about.

retaliating will only stop idiots from attacking you again, but personally, whenever i want land and you have it, i won't hesitate to take it from you, regardless of your retaliation policys.

bjornredtail

Same here... At least you now have ballenced your troop types so I can't get much of anything.  
AKA, Nevadacow

Gen. Volkov

Going back to your earlier point. I do scratch for land when necessary, but when such a big tempting target is sitting right in front of me, I attack. Generally I try to get as much land as whoever I hit initially had, because I don't want the land all spread out. Spread out land is harder to get. And I DON'T capture so I get as many attacks as possible. But I do see your point, and frankly it annoys me. Because I hate scratching. It wastes turns I could be using to make leaders or money. Anyway, that's my two cents, go back to your bickering about retal policies.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

well luckily i didn't even have to scratch this last run 'cause i didn't bother trying to scratch as much land as normal. i figured less land would = less attacks. but not even 5 minutes after my run i was being whacked down again. but oh well.

Juska

Someone give 4bil cash, and you'll see big land.

You want more land in the game peace? Well then explore, or get more people. You want more land in the top 10 Peace? Well then change the code or go unbreakable, otherwise you can dream on buddy.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Holby

Quote from: JuskaSomeone give 4bil cash, and you'll see big land.

You want more land in the game peace? Well then explore, or get more people. You want more land in the top 10 Peace? Well then change the code or go unbreakable, otherwise you can dream on buddy.
A little harsh, he's trying to help out here. If people stopped taking the land from those with the most land, we wouldn't have land so spread. However, it is an indication that we have many skilled players in the game, capable of breaking everybody. You will have noticed in games like FaF or Warbands that the top players have 200 or 300k land, while a few ranks lower, you see few or none over 30k.
I applaud Peace for his work.
I will not deleted this

Nohcnonk

I didn't read the whole topic, so I dunno if the subject has changed, but...

Some people aren't as good at getting land as you, Peace. XD

After a run, you pretty much are the official land farm of the day...