Road of Foxes

Started by Rakefur, October 23, 2011, 07:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Lord Lupi grinned toothily as the badger went down under his horde.
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Durza

To say the battle at the camp was simple would be an understatement, it was slaughter.  The team of Aarak and Phillip was perfect, a few scratches but nothing more.  When the remnants of the force left at the camp retreated Phillip turned to Aarak. "Mind if me dagger back, ole' chap?" said the hare.  "Sure." replied Aarak, handing the dagger that saved him to Phillip, and then turning to the pile of daggers that were his.  "Why does a fellow like you have so many daggers?" asked the hare. To answer Aarak grabbed the stack and in the space of a few moments threw the four daggers into the pole where he had been tied up, "That is why."  said the mouse.  "Hm, a curious way of fighting," responded Phillip, looking toward his home.

A sight of terror filled Phillip's face as he saw his lord run down the side of the mountain toward a hord of canines.  "That bloomin' badger, he's gonna kill himself!" Phillip exclaimed, "Say mouse..." "the name's Aarak", said Aarak. "Say Aarak, wouldyou be willing to help a old hare defend his home from vermin?", Phillip asked.  "I guess I owe you, for saving me, and I owe that wolf for tying me up and letting his men almost cook me," replied Aarak, rembering why he had come to these shores.

(one of the most exciting stories i have role played in)
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Camaclue

A note from a crewmember: The captins away with most of te crew. Im heer to guard the ship while he's a way. He woodnt mind if i wrote a bit. sory fer th bad grammer, never lernd much. i can see that crasy blac bager atacking alone with some hairs behind him. Im shure the crew will come back viktor winers. they usuly do.

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Rakefur

Note: I have let Tagg come in to replace Dubruct. He will post next.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Rakefur

I laughed bitterly as I recalled my childhood. And here I was, trapped in the hold of a corsair galley. I could see the mountain from one of the many cracks in the planking, but I couldn't get to it. That pirate captain had ordered the hatches closed during a storm and must have forgotten to have them opened again in his eagerness to rid himself of those wolves on shore.

I will now turn your attention to that very fight, between the corsairs, the wolves, a giant badger, and what looked like a mouse and a strange hare, both fighting like mad beasts. I chewed my paw, trying to think of some way to get out and help. But I could think of nothing, and at last the badger went down under the rush of the pirates.  The wolf and his band were pinned down on both sides, but seemed seasoned warriors, and having a much larger band, pushed them back to the sea. The corsairs finally broke and fled back to the ship, but Kilder ordered a couple of his  bravest to hold the wolf off while the rest dragged the huge beast to the safety of their galley. The wolves did not push further, having won the battle, they turned their attention to a small group of hares charging them. These did much damage, but due to the large number of beasts Lord Lupis had, were driven back to their mountain, with only 1/3 of the number they started out with.

I heard them come aboard, the ship groaning under the immense weight of the badger lord. A spark of hope flashed through my mind. Then I heard the shouted orders, the creak of oars, and the groan of slaves, and I knew we would not be coming back.

Tune in next time: Lord Lupis

Muse

Lord Lupis snarled as he watched the ship sail away and the hares retreat. His army picked themselves up, shaking. A Northern Wolf began a howling dirge for the dead, and the others joined in. Lupis growled and ignored the keening screams and howls, turning instead to the mountain, where Tulstil stood at the summit, staring down. Lupis turned way and kicked at a nearby coyote.
"Find the Jack brothers, now! I won't those fools dead, and we need a ship."

Durza

scratched and battered the hare and mouse turned to the sight, the hare's of Salamandastron being forced to retreat and the invading army beginning to surround the mountain fortress.  "Those vermin will pay..." muttered Phillip,"... and  my troops will train till their paws fall off if they survive this."  "Don't be hard on them my friend, we are alive and hope remains," said Aarak.  "I know," sighed the hare, "its just Salamandastron has not been like this for seasons.  I even do not remember a time when this happened."  Aarak turned to the forest, and started walking.

"Where are you going?" asked Phillip, " we need to get to the mountain!"  "if you want to kill yourself trying to get there, be my guest.  I am going back to my camp to rest and figure out if I have been following the right wolf," said Aarak continuing into Mossflower wood.  "Wait for me!" shouted Phillip.
Question Mark (?)

Rakefur

((OCC: Durza, I had those 2 in the ship, is that ok, or should i change it?))

Durza

(a quick modification to only have tusil pulled on the ship then yes, please.  I saw Aarak and Phillip engaging in small skirmishes but not making it to the main fight, sorry)
Question Mark (?)

Rakefur

((done, sorry about that))

Durza

(its okay, i did not know(or read well enough))
Question Mark (?)

Camaclue

Phillip looked out towards the ship. It seemed to be moving closer to the mountain Fortress of Salamandastron. The hare turned around, thoughts flying through his head. Salamandastron could easily defend against the horde. He walked away, following Arrak.
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Rakefur

((I have deleted Dubruct from the story, please continue with this order:

Lord Lupin (Muse)
Aarak (Aarak)
Derrik Kilder (Camaclue)
Rakefur Longface (Rakefur)
Lord Tulstil the Harvester (Muse)
General Phillip Welterson (Camaclue)

So Muse is next, with Lord Lupin))

Muse

Mastjack Rack glared at Lupin from over the fire. The ferret scratched his chin and belched. His twin brothers Ropejack Mack, Steeljack Crack, and Sailjack Stack grimaced too.
"Wot do yew want?" Mack said angrily.
Lupin snarled. " I need aship. My prey has been stolen."
Stack  stuck a grimy finger in his ear. " Sorry, mate. the Salt Scourer's off 'o duty."
He choked as Lupin shook his neck with his clawed fist. "Gurk! A'ight, a'ight!"

Durza

The hare and mouse returned to a camp.  It was a small camp, with a cooking fire and camp.  "Well welcome to my humble abode." said Aarak.  "I still think we could have taken them." murmured Phillip.  "Oh, shut it yo old wind bag.  You know as well as I do that you would die trying to charge to the mountain.  Could you start the fire, I start a stew."  The pair went to their tasks and within a hour they were eating stew.

"Why were you following those foxes?" Phillip asked.  "I guess I need to tell you, you did save my life," said Aarak looking to the sky,"my family comes from a region a little farther north than the mountain, the southern edge of the Northlands.  We barely made enough to survive, but we did always fearing some warlord would come and take every thing from us.  That day happened, I was about five seasons old and out playing in the woods.  When I looked towards my home, I saw smoke rising.  When I reached the edge of the clearing where we lived I saw a fox and a small band and my house burning with my family inside.  I ran, ran as fast as I could, and ended up wandering and barely survivng the next few months.  I was about to die when a family of mice found me and took me to Redwall Abbey.  All I have now is the dagger my dad gave me earlier that day." 

Aarak truned back to his food think about his family and the time he spent at the Abbey, how distant it seemed.
Question Mark (?)