LOTR: I'm outta this

Started by TR Shadow, March 17, 2003, 07:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenix

It's fine, Razorclaw: )

Shadow Giant

lets all remember that JRR Tolkien was a christian himself, and if you ever read the silmarillion, it has a very significant resemblance to the bible. your friend, by doing this, is in a way worshipping God. there is a lot of symbolism in LOTR. i'm not saying that it is right, but she's not all gone. I'll be praying, TR.
Don't you wish you were more like me?
Admit it. You do, don't you?

"A wise monkey doesn't monkey with another monkey's monkey."

To pass the time: Sit in your car in a parking lot with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

I throw peanuts at old ladies!

"What the h*** is this?
DVD Dad.
People want to see us on DVD!
Yes Dad."
          From the Osbournes commercial for the DVD

*#sincerely, Shadow Giant#*
The best west of California.
(I live in Hawaii, Okay?)

Trident

Quote from: FenixRazorclaw - BACK OFF, you religeous-pushing imbecile.

Julie... First things first, just because your friend has become influenced by this book doesn't mean that you have to remove it from your life.  It's all based on perspective, and mine on the issue is, Tolkien wrote those books with very high and christian morals as the building blocks, it's also a great and interesting series, don't hate it because your friend is messed.
Secondly.. Austin got it right  -  pray.  Prayer is the most powerful thing you can do for a friend, or enemy.  It's not right that you should push YOUR religion, whether it be christianity, evolution, buddhism, catholicism, etc.
It wont help her.
Instead, try to help her realize the benefits this religion may have(or lack).  It might help her begin to gain some more sense in the matter...

And to most-everyone else that has replied to this topic, I'd like to say something.  Firstly, I am a Christian, nothing is a greater first in my life than Jesus Christ.
But what you people are saying....That it's illegitiment to base a religion on a piece of fiction, while saying that the bible, is completely factual, is just hypocrism, and I hope I bring some shame to you for what you have said earlier in this thread.
You can't be closed-minded, if you intend on winning an argument for God, you have to view both sides, and argue both sides equally and fairly.
You must first have a feeling to win the argument for either side, before you can rightly justify your own.
Watch what you say, or you WILL be caught in your own words...  Knowledge is worthless without wisdom to guide it, and I see alot of ilknowledgeable, unwise people here.
I am one of them, but unlike most, I am willing to learn.
So...you've switched your religion?  When I first talked to you, you were nuetral.  Now you're Christian?  Glad to hear it.  One last thing; it may help you a whole lot to refrain yuorself from saying OM*G.  I was questioning your reglion each time you said that.

TSR

Ah yes... I asked him to stop over IM, not much effect tho'...