Athel Loren

Started by Angrod Palant?r, September 13, 2003, 12:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angrod Palant?r

Athel Loren is a new clan, but is quickly growing in power and numbers. We currently have 5 members, and that is only in our first 24 hours!
We plan to overtake the game with our numbers and skill, taking advantage of the current mess the top 10 in regular is in.
All are invited to join, particularly those who are new players or want to learn more about the game, as Athel Loren plans to teach any who wish to learn.
Some vets always help, and there's great rewards in being in such a clan as this.
The password is orion.
Join today!

-Angrod Palant?r, #524

Almkman

A lot of people say their clan is going to be in the top ten and rule the game.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Angrod Palant?r

True, but ours is the only one that will.
NOTE: Athel Loren now has 7 members.

Almkman

It does not matter on how many numbers you have.It matters on the skill of those players.Yet only one player is above rank 30 in your clan.That is Aus.

Angrod Palant?r

This whole game relies on numbers, and you're telling me they don't matter? Riiiight.
What does rank mean? It's Networth that matters. There's 6-7m net between 20 and 30. That player ranked at 30 could easily outstrip the player at 20 in 450 turns.
You yourself said skill is what clans are about, but rank does not show skill very well. I have used less than 200 turns, can I be expected to be in first place in a well-established game?

Though the majority of the clan do not have a high Net, I plan to change that. The clan offers help in playing skills to any that wish to learn.
If I pass on what I know, we will soon have the top places on the scoreboard. It is said that it is a poor pupil who does not surpass his master.

(*Whispers* BTW, I know who Aus is, he happens to be in my clan.)

Scarwake

Now, now now....Lets not get too cocky, shall we.  Almkman is right it doesn't matter how many people you have in your clan its all based upon skill within the game.  And thanks for the information on how your going to try to take advantage of the Top 10 mess, I'll be sure to pound any of your members that try to get a rank ahead of me...

Oh, and btw....Almkman didn't say you did not know Aus, he said that Aus is the only member that was higher than rank 30 in your clan.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Angrod Palant?r

Quote from: ScarwakeNow, now now....Lets not get too cocky, shall we. ?Almkman is right it doesn't matter how many people you have in your clan its all based upon skill within the game. ?And thanks for the information on how your going to try to take advantage of the Top 10 mess, I'll be sure to pound any of your members that try to get a rank ahead of me...

Oh, and btw....Almkman didn't say you did not know Aus, he said that Aus is the only member that was higher than rank 30 in your clan.
I understand the point Aus was trying to make. Will tear your argument to pieces when I get home from school. ;)

BACK!

Who's getting cocky? We now have 12 members, of varying ranks, many wishing to learn about the game. We are already doing very well.
As Kitty said, turns make a major difference, and can be the downfall of skill. (NOTE TO SELF: I like that phrase.)  In turns, we have numbers. And those numbers make up for any skills we lack. In fact, everyone is learning more day by day, as I try to teach my clanmates. Combining numbers with skill, it's hard to think we won't succeed in conquering the game.

You appear to be the cocky one, in boasting of beating my members down while holding your rank. I'll note it down to knock you off your top-10 pedestal.

QuoteYet only one player is above rank 30 in your clan.That is Aus.
Almkman, while directly not saying I didn't know Aus, was telling me as if I did not. Note that I quoted it.
It would have made sense had he posted properly, and not typed in little bursts-I wouldn't have mentioned it then.

What bothered me in the first place, was that while trying to put in a nice plug for my clan, Almkman was trying to make sure it didn't work.
I showed no hint of malice in my first two posts, but I was provoked. I replied, and more people attack me.
I thank you Kitty for coming to my defense, helping me prove what I was saying was true.

Almkman

Kitty

I think turns would win.  wolf bite has much more skill then I do.  But if I had 10 turns to each one of his, I think I could beat him up.  I would beat down his army with the turns and he could only attack back a few times.  I remember the Evil Blades when they had like 30 people, they were at war with everyone, but their turns out numbered the better players.

*hides behind everyone* :ph34r:  

Almkman

Are you talking about this era or a past one?

baska

Sounds like shes been here before, Have you?

Oh, scarwake if you try to pound any of Angrod's Clanmembers, I will personally pound you......You have been warned

Dead Eye

I find this funny. TJ and Alkman both try being mean to this new person who makes a challenge. Yet their clan now has 2 members in the top 10, higher then TJ mind you(dont know almkmans account) Congradulations new one. I am number 488 Dead Eye's Army, in rank 13. I hope you and your clan have a swell time.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Almkman

There was no malice in my post.I just stated the obvious.What do you mean your not cocky.You're saying that your clan is going to rule the game.Another thing is that you will not knock TJ out of the top ten when your not even out of protection.Dead Eye get my name right for once.

Dead Eye

Sorry about the name thing. I am tired and not concentrating on spelling. Sorry.

Are you saying I am in protection or them? Because I was on vacation, and just got back.

p.s. my last post was meant more to TJ. Sorry!
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Almkman

I was talking about the Angrod Palantir.