Redcon Music FAQ's

Started by Kamikaze Badger, February 11, 2004, 07:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamikaze Badger

Here is a list of FAQ's that I feel should be posted about the music that will be played at Redcon. Tell me if I need to add on more.

Q: What kind of music are you going to play?

A: Music will consist of mainly celtic and new age during the day. Songs appropriate to current happenings or things going on will also be played, to add some theme to the air.

Q: What do you mean, "Theme to the air"?

A: Whenever an event comes on, I'll start up a track that fits the current happening, and continue songs that fit with it during the event.

Q: What's this about a dance party/contest?

A: The Redcon Dance Contest & Party® is to be held after convention hours. The music will consist of Euro-Dance, Trance, Techno, Dance, and other electronic music, along with requests.

Q: What about the contest?

A: The Dance Contest is to be open to participants of all ages, skill levels, etc. Judges have yet to be picked. If you feel that your been discriminated because of race/sex/national origin/heritage/etc, please tell me immediately, and things will be straitened out.

Q: Ahh, sounds interesting. What will the prizes consist of?

A: The prizes will range from things such as t-shirts, CDs, recordings, apparel, etc. They are still being worked on.

Q: Will you play requested songs?

A: Yes, IF they are requested in time for me to achieve them, OR, if you have the song with you, I will play requests. Please send all requests to djbadger@tranceaddict.net

Q: Dance Dance Revolution?

A: No...

Q: You're not going to be pirating these tracks, are you?

A: Well... heh... that's a funny question... y'see... uuuh... next question.

Q: How will the songs be mixed?

A: The tracks are to be mixed using Traktor DJ Studio software. They will also be recorded when mixed, and for several dollars, you too can have a copy of the mix.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Kamikaze BadgerIf you feel that your been discriminated because of race/sex/national origin/heritage/etc, please tell me immediately, and things will be straitened out.

I really think that you're opening a big can of worms there.  I would be interested in knowing how you intend to straighten a situation like that out.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Kamikaze Badger

I would explain, but your an american, and would have trouble understanding.

Shytalon

I would like to add that whoever plays will not be using pirated tracks, and he certainly won't be selling them. The second one is most especially illegal, and the 'Con won't support that kind of activity.
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Kamikaze BadgerI would explain, but your an american, and would have trouble understanding.
Kami, don't act so childish.  You're an American too, so by your own standards, you would have trouble understanding what you yourself are saying.

Or maybe it's that you'd have to much trouble trying to explain.  Who knows?
;)  

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Kamikaze Badger

Actually, I'm proud to have Australian blood in me. It drowns out the tainted american blood. Sorry that I can't put it in simpler terms for your retarded minds. :D

Shytalon

In the words of Jack Nicholson: "Sell your crazy somewhere else -- we're all stocked up here."

Not the most moral character to quote, Melvin, but he gets the job done.
"Like a song,
C'est la vie."

Kamikaze Badger

Please go advertise your retardness somewhere else, America has enough of it. I'm heading off to Canada with the funds I have now.

Shytalon

Retard-ed-ness, thank you.
"Like a song,
C'est la vie."

Scarwake

Excuse me, I don't mean to barge in on your little squabble but lets calm down....And quit insulting each other, it in itself is making everyone participating look childish & retarded....to use your own words...

~Scarwake, whose up too late for this...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Holby

I think there is only one person being childish here. I wondered if he was trying to be funny, but doesn't seem so.
Funny thing about Australia, it's made up of people of all nationalities, who can be traced back to England, Germany, Italy, etc.
However, being born in Australia makes you an Australian, living in Australia makes you Australian, Loving Australia makes you Australian.
You can't blame or talk on your "blood" because it has nothing to do with it.

Checkerpaw is right in all he has said, and has just been dealt insults in return.
He was especially right that Kamikaze can't give an answer, because Kami just wrote this topic up to make himself feel important. When a statement is questioned, and he doesn't know what to say, he insults instead.
Ya want an adult task, gotta prove you're old and capable enough to handle it.
I will not deleted this

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Quote from: HolbyCheckerpaw is right in all he has said, and has just been dealt insults in return.
Chex is often right in what he says, but usually just gets insults thrown at him.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Shytalon

It's the smell, I imagine. ^.^
"Like a song,
C'est la vie."

Kamikaze Badger

No, I just put this up for all future questions that would of been asked.

Btw, how much C4 could the structure where redcon is taking place withstand?

Checkerpaw

I saw what happened at Terrouge, so what Kami is doing doesn't surprise me, and it doesn't bother me at all.

Actually, I'm proud to have Australian blood in me.

Um, yeah, but you're still American, Kami.  My blood is 100% German, but I'm still an American.