RedCon Assignments.

Started by Randag, April 10, 2004, 11:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randag

This topic is for the RedCon Directors (i.e. Aden, Shytalon, Ublaz and myself) to issue assignments to the Staff.

So fellow members of the RedCon Staff, I need one of you to do something for me. It involves browsing the internet for a few hours until you think you've done the required task. I'll give you more information once someone volunteers. If someone doesn't volunteer in the next two weeks or so, I'll just get someone of my choosing to do it.

-Ran!

Walk With Pride, Protect Like The Night!
Harness Your Potential, Regret Nothing!

"Ash nazg durbatul?k, ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrakatul?k, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul"

RedCon-Forums--- AK_f00 ---RedCon-Website
Destined For Greatness, But Pacing Myself!
You Know Me! You Just Don't Know It Yet!

Aden

I'll be pretty busy from now until the end of school, but I could try to do something if I have time.
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

Scarwake

Eh, I've got too much stuff going on right now to browse aimlessly....Got work, school, etc etc....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Randag

I was thinking more along the lines of the members of staff that haven't really done much. That means all the Directors and you Scarwake, are off the hook, I wasn't even going to ask you.
I know how Calan likes to get involved, so maybe she'll do it, but there are members of staff that I haven't heard from in a while.
Like Snowspine, what's happened to her? Anyone know?
I just checked the staff list, and noticed that Calan wasn't on it. I thought she was. Am I wrong?

Ad is probably busy, and the same for Bracken. Shael has volunteered before, so I suppose you don't have to offer your services. I'm not sure about Boze or Skipper, but perhaps, if you read this, you could tell me what you think you can do. Actually that goes for everyone. Coming this summer a lot of assignments are going to be issued. I'm also going to get more people to join the staff and put people into departments/give them their titles. There will also be something that you may not have expected...but that isn't confirmed yet so I'll leave it at that.

And as I've only told my fellow directors so far, this I guess is my official announcement that it is highly unlikely that I'll be there for RedMeet '04.

I must go think about what I was going to ask Alan Ingram. Ublaz, I'll ask him about what he thinks belongs in the business report, so we can come up with something for the next chat.

With regards to the chat, Aden could you arrange a date and time? Preferably a Friday or Saturday, in the next three weeks or so, thanks!

-Ran!

Aden

I should be free any Saturday night unless something comes up in the days before the Saturday. April 24?
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

Randag

Sure, I'll just run that date by the other two and see if it works for them.

-Ran!

Randag

I have another assignment, for those who wish to give it a shot.

This one involves scanning through the Redwall books.

Remember, if no-one is interested in volunteering I can always volunteer someone to do it myself. So any takers? Shael, you'd be good as this...

-Ran!

The Lady Shael

*hand shoots in air* Oh, I'll do it! Pick me! I promise I'll do it this time, I really do, seriously. Really, I'll do it.

*is serious now*

But truthfully, I would be good for it, considering I've done that for three books already for the Redwall Database characters lists.

If you still need someone to browse around the web, I'll do that too, I do that a lot anyway.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Randag

Yeah, I know your site is really good, that's why I thought you'd be good at it.
Well, firstly the book browsing:
All I want you to do is go through all the books as find all the Games that have been played in them, find demonstrations that they've all performed, (e.g. Martin in TLOL doing the sword thing, and Grath in POL, etc., anything like that). So anything like song contests to food contests and any other activities that run along the lines of group or mass involvement, or anything that you think could be turned into a competition.
The main thing is that I need are the names to go with these activities, and then we'll be able to see which ones would work well with the Con.
Thank you! And take your time, I don't need it urgently. Any time in the next 3-4 weeks would be nice, but again if you need more time that's okay.

Actually, you would be a very good choice for the internet browsing assignment too, as I think you'd done something similar to it before too. You know, I think the title Research Manager would suit you well. Anywaym I won't give you the internet browsing assignment just yet. I'll see if anyone else wants to give it a shot, but if they don't you'll be my first choice.

Wow, it's so nice to so much enthusiasm. Cool, now I'm in a good mood. Thanks again!

-Ran!  

Scarwake

OH OH OH!!! *HAND SHOOTS IN AIR* DON"T PICK ME!!! DON"T PICK ME!!!!  Oh, whoops...I already said this...just not with sooo much enthusiasum(sp?)....

*looks at calendar* Darn....work tomorrow...what a rip...
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Randag

Don't worry. I'm not going to make people do things when they are too busy.
I would have tried to do them myself, but I don't have the time, with exams coming up and all.

-Ran!

The Lady Shael

Sure, I'll start as soon as I can. This is my last week for APUSH homework, and then from then to May 7th, it's just a whole heck of a lot of studying. But I can make room for this. At any rate, my sister has a much clearer schedule than I do, and she'd be glad to help.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Scarwake

hehehe, that's the way to do it....push your siblings in to do it for you, bwuahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Pure genius....I do it all the time....seeing as they cannot overcome me, seeing as I'm older and they're younger and I'm bigger and they're well smaller obviously.....

Newhoo...didn't you just love my enthusiasum??
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Calantorntain

Woops, I guess I am a bit late responding.

Yea, so, if you ever have another thing that involves scrambling around the 'net, I volenteer.
"Death death death death death death la la la la death" -- The Woad to Wuin

Randag

Well I didn't actually assign that Internet Task yet, so if you want to do it here is what it is:

I need someone to scan the ROC and find all the sites, clubs etc., that you think would be able to produce a worthy booth at RedCon. For instance, Terrouge would be one that could make their E-zines actual mags, same goes for other sites with a similar format, and VI could also make something appealing to the masses.

The thing is I don't know all of them, but I need to get an estimate on how many stalls that need to be accounted for. So what I'm asking for is a list of ROC sites that are extremely popular (of course this could all change in the next two years, but then again more sites might emerge) and that are recognizable, and perhaps a sentence about the sites (what its about or what it could bring).

I plan for every site in attendance at the Con to have a "sign-in" book, where members of the ROC can sign it and show that they were at the Con, you know something to just get people to visit the stalls. I'll also be contacting these sites (or getting someone to contact them) sometime after July.

Thank you for doing this Calan. If you need help I can get someone to give you a hand. And take your time, and don't forget to take advantage of the links on Terrouge and Redwall.org and other sites.

-Ran!