Market Politics

Started by Peace Alliance, May 08, 2008, 03:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

I certainly enjoy watching the market this round!

Off the start indiers were doing well, but then they started lowering their prices so much, that now most of the troops are owned by resellers. As a result i now see raised prices (still not as high as mercs!). There are a few indiers now flooding the market with low prices troops. The problem being that indiers are now starting to get short on cash, having been selling their troops for much less then they would to mercenaries...

Anyway, the balance of the market is a long way away, i think. It's so interesting to think about though. Because now you've got to start thinking about who you are buying from, and whether it is funding your enemies. And you have to start thinking, what if everyone doesn't buy the cheaper stuff from indiers? Where will they get their money? or if indiers flood the market with more cheap troops, will anyone be able to defend themselves? Because it's so easy to get troops now.

Anyway, my strategy so far has been to match the reasonable prices, and try to buy out the lower prices. Then sell for the reasonable price again. But that strategy is disturbed when there are too many of those troops flooding in at low prices. Can't buy all of those out.

And how about this, knowing that I'm peaceful means buying from somebody who won't use the money against you. seems thats often worth a few bux more...

long story short, the good strategies out there are going to use this round for there advantage. Because i think peoples strategies are going to have to be changing according to the market.

Sabriel

Firetooth told me for how much should I sell my skiffs, so blame him :P I never went short on cash yet, though. I usually even have some left... I raised my prices from 600 to 700, but simply because I felt I should get more money, but because I desperately needed it.

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Peace Alliance

well at some point you can end up making enough money not to have to use markets at all.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Peace Alliance on May 08, 2008, 05:56:42 PM
well at some point you can end up making enough money not to have to use markets at all.

How can you do that?
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

by selling enough troops... and by selling them for good prices.