At Headquarters

Started by The Lady Shael, February 21, 2011, 03:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

It's been so long since we've had an in-character post in Announcements...and this isn't really relevant till the Turbo reset...but I couldn't wait. I really felt like writing for some reason.

-----------------------------------------------

The sun shone gently over Mossflower Country. Butterflies danced between the trees and the flowers almost seemed to emanate cheerfulness underneath the gentle warmth of the sun.  It was a day like any other.

That was the problem.

A female weasel paced back and forth by a window on a high floor of the Warlord Headquarters. It was obvious by her manner of walking and abrupt way she turned about each time that she seemed unsettled. A scrawny bankvole servant stood cowering in the doorway, holding a tray with dry biscuits and a pitcher of water. The weasel didn't seem to notice he was there. The bankvole looked like he wish he could disappear through the floor.

"Erm."

The lady of the headquarters kept pacing violently. Her cape was in danger of knocking something over.

"...milady..."

Pace, pace, pace, pace, whoosh, pace, pace, pace, pace, whoosh.

The bankvole straightened slightly. Maybe he could leave without repercussions. He turned to leave and was about to break for the hallway stairs when he felt a paw slap him on the side of the head. Curses!

"Who are you? And what....are you doing in my chambers?" The fierce female weasel seemed so much taller when she was one inch from his face. What's more, how did she cross the room so quickly?!

"...Shadow said he was done, milady..." he squeaked. He suddenly wished bankvoles could shrink in size or change color to blend in with the wall. Oh, why couldn't he have been born a more fearsome creature?

Luckily for him at these words, the weasel seemed to forget him. "Oh, FINALLY!" she pushed him aside and ran down the hallway, and he hit the wall as his tray went flying.

The Lady Shael Varonne, fallen Empress, now Lady of the Warlord Headquarters, headed to the 3rd floor, a floor reserved for officers of the Headquarters only. All of their planning and scheming was carried out on this floor.

As she headed to Shadow's den, she passed charts and posters from the Eras of old, pinned on the hallways. Charts her own brother, Stormclaw of Delor, had designed. He had long since traveled on, but his legacy remained on wall, just like all the old Lords and Ladies of the past. Nothing had changed in all those seasons except the hue of the yellowing parchment.

Shael missed the buzz of activity that used to fill this hallway. She had always looked up to Stormclaw, and especially Retto, when it came to running the headquarters. Of course she was just a young princess of 14 seasons back then. If only she knew then what she knew now!

As she swept into Shadow's room, she immediately pushed past him and bent over the charts on his desk. "Are they ready??"

The stoat frowned and shook his paw at her. "Calm down! I'm almost there." He pulled the charts abruptly from the desk to finish writing something. "Okay, done." He sighed. "Have you gotten approval from the others yet?"

"They looked over it and gave their approval. I'm sure if anything needs to be modified, we can just put a new chart up." He gave an evil grin. "We're the ones in charge anyway."

"Ah, you could not be more right." She gave the poster a quick look-over, and a smile came across her face. "It's good. Very good." She carried the chart out into the hallway.

She faced an old poster with carefully recorded statistics and equations, written in the paw of Retto Arbach himself. She reached a paw up slowly, then tore the poster down. In its place, she hung the poster Shadow had just finished writing on, the ink still shining.

"It's time for a change."

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

New poster?

Maybe I'll sign up next turbo round.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Krowdon

ooh. This is interesting Shael. I would like to read more. Or perhaps sign up for Turbo.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Twilight Shadow

A lot of hidden messages hidden within the words of the writing. Easy decoded by me lol. Thats what I do for a living. And thanks! This round...*stab in the heart by...
"ugh...why...you...?"

Firetooth

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on February 22, 2011, 10:45:46 PM
A lot of hidden messages hidden within the words of the writing. Easy decoded by me lol. Thats what I do for a living. And thanks! This round...*stab in the heart by...
"ugh...why...you...?"
Give me a break...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Twilight Shadow

What it wasn't that hard to figure out what it is from this in character story

Krowdon

*raises hand* I dont get it, but then I dont get a lot of things. My brain isnt made for codes. :D
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Night Wolf

I was dispointed that turbo was going to reset tonight instead of monday, but now that ive read this im quite excited